• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer 3 1/2 gallon or 5 gallon buckets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer 3 1/2 gallon or 5 gallon buckets?

I want to get one of those grit guard things and a new bucket for washing my car. I'm curious if people with experience prefer the shorter 3 1/2 gallon or taller 5 gallon bucket considering both are the same diameter. Thanks.

Re: Do you prefer 3 1/2 gallon or 5 gallon buckets?

Personally, I like the smaller choice. I have some of the Meguiar's buckets that came with the Christmas gift packs a few years ago. The yellow wash bucket has a pinstripe I applied at the two gallon level, for accuracy in soap measurement. I also installed casters on both just for ease in moving them around a car.

Bill

Comment

I like 5. Never have tried a 3.
      2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
      2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

5 for me. Not a fan of 3.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah, my rinse bucket must be 3 1/2 or so... (I use the foam gun for the soap)

I've felt the need to refill the rinse water once or twice during winter sometimes, but other wise seems ok.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

2 bucket method & 5 gallons each. (+ 3rd smaller bucket just for wheels)

Comment

I probably never understand the use of a gritguard nor a big washbucket. I rinse my car very theroly with high pressure wash. Have never seen any dirt in my washbucket after a cleaning.

Comment

If you use a sponge to wash your car, your rinse bucket water WILL get dirty. So, the more water, the more diluted the dirt. The sponge will pick up dirt. When you rinse the sponge, most dirt will come off. I see this happen every wash. Re grit guard, theoretically, any dirt, not in suspension, will fall through & stay on the bottom of bucket so, your sponge will not pick it up again next rinse. I don't know if this actually happens. I rub my sponge on the GG when I use rinse & wash bucket to help clean the sponge, like using a washboard.

Comment

3 gallon here
                  Easy to maneuver and even easier to rinse out/refill

Comment

Thanks for the information everyone. I appreciate all the help. After reading I decided one of each. 3 1/2 for the soap and the 5 for rinse water.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');