• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protecting a stress / flex crack ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting a stress / flex crack ?

I've got a couple of small hair-line cracks in my paint near the edge of the fender that are from the fender being flexed. They are fairly short, maybe 2" long and they are closed pretty much tight but there is an edge you can feel with your finger.
    My worry is that I'll catch that edge during a wash/clay/wax or whatever and actually chip out some paint.

Is there some way of "sealing" the crack and then wet sanding it back down flush? Chances are I'll never be able to match the color or be able to repaint the front of the car again so I can put up with the hairline crack but would like to prevent it from getting worse

Thanks
    M

Re: Protecting a stress / flex crack ?

They sell clear coat paint...

It could still flake from underneath, but maybe would help.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Protecting a stress / flex crack ?

I've got some clear here, I wonder if there's a way of thinning it enough to be drawn into the crack. I think if I just put it on it'll sit on-top and get sanded completely off. Well, nothing to loose...
      M

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');