• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguyiars Pad washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguyiars Pad washer

So i bought this, mainly to save some bucks instead of buying new pads. Seems like a simple thing... However

It says
    "The water level should be no more then 1/4 above the Grit guard insert, with springs fully compressed"
    . Probably makes sense for a US guy but not for a "swede"- 1/4 of what?

I get that i should press the grit guard down as much as i can, then fill with water. But i really dont understand how much water i should fill it with. 1/4 of what the thickness of the gritguard or what? Would have been great with a ""MAX" mark on the bucket, but as i said maybe that its crystal clear for US peeps :/

Re: Meguyiars Pad washer

I think i may got it now. Press down the gruitguard full, then fill it with water 1/4 above it? (the space thats left)

Am i correct?

Comment

I am going to guess it means 1/4 inch above it.

Here is an extract and link to AutoGeek info.

See why Meguiar’s has been a trusted car care company for more than 120 years by shopping an authorized selection of products to treat any motorized vehicle.

"The grid insert is supported by springs so you simply have to press the pad against it until the pad is touching the water. No manual adjustment is needed. "

It sounds like you want to ouse the tool as a washer and dryer (near dry).

So you push down on the cleaning guard just enough to get the pad wet while washing.
      Then lift up pad slightly for a spin cycle to dry water from the pad.

Comment

We dont use inches here, we use millimeters and centimeters. But 1 inch is 2,54 centimeters so roughly ~0,5 centimeters then above the gritguard (compressed)

Comment

I've seen this named misspelled numerous times but this one might be the best ... and by best I mean worst

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
            I've seen this named misspelled numerous times but this one might be the best ... and by best I mean worst
            If you meant "Meguiars", try to spell correctly with a 3 year old in your lap. After i posted it we went out to play i saw it was wrong later on, but i couldn't edit it so i thought well, who cares really: Guess i know now

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');