• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New detailing business.....maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New detailing business.....maybe

Hi all,

My family is thinking about starting a detailing business, and I'm going to manage one of the locations. I must admit, I know very little about the business, so I'm here to learn!

I'm starting to learn about products and such, since this will be a big part of our investment. Now I need to allocate funds to buy products, so do to that I'm hoping to understand what kind of mix I should be aiming for. Could you guys let me know what percentage of all of your chemical/product purchases are spent on the following?

-Soaps
    -Cleaners (Interior, Exterior, All Purpose)
    -Compounds
    -Polishes
    -Waxes
    -Dressings
    -Aerosols
    -Clay

Also could you let me know what type of detail operation you run/work for?

THANKS!

Re: New detailing business.....maybe

I've been detailing on the side for awhile, I'd look into the Mirror Glaze & Detailers lineups. They give you the best selection of products for your money. A lot of the products can be used for multiple situations, so remember to read up & watch videos on Meguiars products. It helps alleviate buying to many products so your costs stay low. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');