• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Lancer. Paint Faded. Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Lancer. Paint Faded. Need help!

I bought a wrecked Lancer. The body shop painted the bumper and fender using the paint code off the car. It does not match. Is there ANYTHING I can do to make my old paint not look so yellow-ish? Can you tell me the order of products to use? Thank you for your help!!

Re: White Lancer. Paint Faded. Need help!

Image EEDC7369 2375 4 A9 C 9 A7 C 30 D392 B1668 B in Jennifersword's images album

car picture

Comment

Looks like it is time for a polish to clean up the paint and restore the original look to the paint. A cleaner wax like white wax is another option.

Also clay if needed prior to polishing or using a cleaner wax.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Generally it would be something like:

1. Wash - Maybe need a spray of a tar remover first on the lower areas..
        2. Clay
        3. Clean/Polish - For how big the difference is, applying something like Ult. Compound might not be a bad idea... and when used by hand, it isnt going to be super strong.
        4. Wax - Ult. Wax, or other favorite.

Though as Guz mentioned, cleaner/waxes are also common. They may be a bit milder, but you could at least see what kind of improvement is possible...

1. Wash
        2. Clay
        3. White Wax (this is the stronger of the cleaner/waxes from Meguiars)
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');