• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old man but new guy here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old man but new guy here

Got a 2017 Tacoma with a dark metallic gey, first dark color owned. It's a beach to keep clean. Just got the megs ultimate polish and #21 synthetic sealer, and a free poorboy's clay bar from Detaailed Image, waiting for the rains here in Hawaii to stop so I can detail the outside. Anybody know if I can apply the sealer right after clay and wax and is there a cure time for the seale?

Re: Old man but new guy here

Hmm, with the products you mentioned, you would go:

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. Ultimate Polish - This is a paint cleaner and leaves some oils behind
    4. #21 Synthetic Sealant - This is what would leave the protection behind. It is entirely synthetic, so Meguiars tends to call those sealants... though it is interchanged with wax sometimes...

I dont see another wax, unless you mixed up a name?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks MURR1525,,so should i put a wax over the sealant? and how long should i wait before waxing? i'd like to do everything in one day...thanks again

Comment

2 coats of the #21 would be fine if you wanted to ensure good coverage. Although if you wash often, and use something like Ult Quick Wax after washing it kind of keeps a good even coat on there as well.

As far as timing, people say its nice to wait 20-30 minutes or so between coats of #21 just to let it dry a little more... but really not that big of a deal.

Just up to you how you break things up... claying is easier when the surface is wet, so I've been known to clay in a light drizzle, and just a light Quick Detailer spray is needed then... then dry and polish/wax in a garage/carport.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

1 Wash
          2 clay (I use last touch diluted as lubricant)
          3 Polish M205
          4 Show Car Glaze #7
          5 #21 sealant 24 hr seal 2 coats
          6 Carnuba #26 or Ultimate quick wax

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');