• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars all purpose cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars all purpose cleaner

I have a question about meguiars all purpose cleaner as a traffic film remover. First of all does the dilution ratio change the ph level? The sds says the ph is 13 highly alkaline which is appropriate and effective for removing oil and oil based grime and traffic film. But I'm wondering if either 5:1 or 10:1 if I can just spray on the vehicle to dwell before rinsing and then continuing with a regular wash or use diluted in a bucket as a contact wash and then a regular wash with a regular car soap.

Re: Meguiars all purpose cleaner

I did an old truck, a 1995 Dodge Ram that had never had anything but tunnel washes over It's life.

I used D101 10:1 as a pre soak, after initial rinse. I then used a soft brush to loosen up the grime. The sides were fine, but the film in the horizontal surfaces was incredibly tough. The D101 made very quick work of it though. A qd dilution of ONR is what I usually use, but it wasn't going to be strong enough for the nasty stuff on that truck..

After that I washed with Optimum No Rinse, clay pad, then bright back a little gloss with D166 with a Porter Cable 7424, and black Buff and Shine pads.

Comment

Nice. But yea my car is well maintained but I want to truly clean the paint with apc in the bucket with regular car shampoo

Comment

Old post I see, but d101 at 10:1 shouldn't be too harsh on clear coat surfaces. I've tested it and at that dilution it's close to what some touch free automatics use. I actually use a stronger solution on my (commericial) touch free washes that would more closely resemble the alkalinity of D101 at 4:1 dilution.

Of course, use common sense and don't use it when the car is too hot to touch and let it dry on the paint

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');