• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wash + Clay + polish + wash on 2016 car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash + Clay + polish + wash on 2016 car

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the steps on the title are the correct for my car, it is a 2016 red car I never before have done such detailing to my car. Following the steps on

My car has a few bird droppings stains and small swirls on the paint they are not visible at first sight, just when I am close and detailing it.

The products I am planning to use are:

Wash: Meguiar's G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner

Clay: Meguiar's G1016 Smooth Surface Clay Kit

Polish: Meguiar's M205 Mirror Glaze Ultra Finishing Polish

Wax: Meguiar's G12718 NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

Are these product the corrects to use on my car? or is
    it too aggressive to 2016 car?

Note:
    I have a machine buffer available for use.

Regards

Re: Wash + Clay + polish + wash on 2016 car

Gold Class wash is good car wash soap. The clay kit is good but feel the surface after washing to see if you need to use it or not (if you have never done it you will probably be able to feel the roughness of above surface contaminants). M205 is a great product but everyone's paint and situation is different. You will want to do a test spot and see if it solves your problems. If not, you may need to try UC or M105 to do some stronger defect removal before moving on to UP or M205. Also, you say you have a machine buffer available; what kind? Is it a DA polisher or a rotary buffer? Different methods and products for different buffers. Also, if you are not experienced with a rotary buffer you can easily do damage to your paint that is much harder to solve. Lastly, since you have Tech Wax on there I'm guessing in your title you meant Wax for your last word. Tech Wax is definitely a good wax, but maybe think about Ultimate Wax as that is the best one they make.

Comment

Re: Wash + Clay + polish + wash on 2016 car

Welcome to MOL.

You have some good products on hand.

What machine do you own?
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');