• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mobile detailing business from START---->NOW---->Tomorrow. (dodge sprinter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mobile detailing business from START---->NOW---->Tomorrow. (dodge sprinter)

Hi guys I have posted in various forum/sub forums regarding my new venture with different questions and posts.... I wanted to create one post regarding my new Business, VAN, products, game plan(s), and etc... etc.. So please ADMIN if this isn't in the correct SUB FORUM.... help me out. Thank you.

I have been detailing off and on since about 2004 or so. I got a DUI in 2013 (very stupid me yes....) and since then have been haunted due to California being a 10 year state... where a DUI haunts you for an actual 10 years. So here I am....after trying DoorDash and UBER/Lift..... I started up my own ride share company called 'Josher' because one night I was driving around and saw one too many Uber drivers parking in the middle of the street to drop off or pickup their passengers..... That upset me so much because I couldn't be an Uber driver due to my DUI years prior.... so I said **** Uber! I'll begin Josher. I did that for about 4 months and hustled rides but that was a short lived dream as MOST people had already ordered their Ubers before leaving the bars.... So now my Mobile detailing businesses name is 'Josher' because it is. :b

I spent an entire month trying to decide what Van, truck, or vehicle for that matter to use as a mobile platform.... a month checking out Full sized vans... pickup trucks... considering a trailer as well but ultimately it came down to a van (full sized).... UNTIL one day I for some reason decided on a 2002-2006 Dodge Sprinter High Top.... I had some more searching to do.... It took me 4-6 more weeks of searching for the specific Dodge Sprinter Van.... My search criteria was 2002-2006.... because it was the Mercedes 2.7 liter motor Turbo Diesel and I have read numerous times they are superior to the newer 3liter versions and they are cheaper usually than the newer ones. Late last year after going to see multiple sprinters and even paying $250 dollars for one to be inspected... I decided on one I didn't even see in person. I flew to Oregon to purchase my 2005 Dodge Sprinter van with 156k miles on it. A few weeks prior to that I was about to purchase one for $18,000 dollars since it had 48k miles on it. LUCKILY I DIDN'T!!!! I found mine for $8,000 dollars and it has 156k miles on it. Drove it the 1200 miles home like a CHAMP 80-85 mph the entire way!

Anyway let me just throw up some pictures of my van and I will continue to add more pictures of the profress.... Hope this can help anyone with some ideas and I also hope this can get some more ideas to come my way. Thanks for looking and feel free to ask me any questions as well as provide any of your own constructive tips / opinions.

GREAT!!!!! I can't upload an image like the other forums so now pictures will come in a little while once i figure out what site I have to use to host them. UGH!

Re: My Mobile detailing business from START---->NOW---->Tomorrow. (dodge sprinter)

how inconvenient!! Anyone have a better solution for me??? Otherwise I'm going to invest some time uploading images to Imgur.......and using that site. Please advise if you have a better site or method. Thank you

Comment

Re: My Mobile detailing business from START---->NOW---->Tomorrow. (dodge sprinter)

Josh
      MOL has a place for you to upload images.
      Then you can include in your posts.
      An advantage is if you change from imgur or photobucket ( I do not recommend PB) or they change the rules, your images still appear in the post. hat is because they are stored on the MOL server.

Give me 5 minutes to find the link on how to upload.
      Here we go.

Old Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
        Josh
        MOL has a place for you to upload images.
        Then you can include in your posts.
        An advantage is if you change from imgur or photobucket ( I do not recommend PB) or they change the rules, your images still appear in the post. hat is because they are stored on the MOL server.

Give me 5 minutes to find the link on how to upload.
        Here we go.

Old Bear

Thanks Old Bear!! I will post some pictures up in a bit after I get the kids off to school!

Comment

Hey Old Bear... and anyone else interested... I made a video and put it on youtube if you'd like to see my Mobile rig as it is today... I got too frustrated with the picture thing I just made a video instead. https://youtu.be/DA9MrGp_awg If links aren't allowed then just go to youtube search 'josher' click on 'videos' and it's my latest video

Comment

Thanks Josh, It looks like put a good amount of thought into it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');