• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using steam cleaner to rejuvenate seat foam with leather covers installed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using steam cleaner to rejuvenate seat foam with leather covers installed?

Hello to all

After the upholsterer installed my imola red leather seat covers the other day, i noticed some wrinkles and would have liked the foam just a tad thicker to perfect fitment. Well, i called the shop that fabricated my covers and the owner asked me if the upholsterer had steam cleaned the foam. I said no and he told me this is done to rejuvenate the foam thus providing a better fit. I had absolutelyno idea this was done!! I had my c car in the garage for a month waiting for the covers to arrive and i could have done this myself!! It is what it is i guess

I would like to know if this can be accomplished by applying steam to the seats with the leather covers installed? I have seen a number of youtube videos where wrinkles disaapear but i wanted to get some feedback from you guys to be sure.

Any feedback will be appreciated so i can finally finish this project

Regards,
    Mark

Re: Using steam cleaner to rejuvenate seat foam with leather covers installed?

Here is a picture of the fronts seats of my 2000 BMW 328ci

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');