• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applicator gumming up when applying Meguiars Deep Crystal pure polish???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applicator gumming up when applying Meguiars Deep Crystal pure polish???

Hey guys,

When I last waxed I was having some issues with my pad/wipe off cloth gumming up when applying Meguiars Deep Crystal pure polish. I'm not sure if I was using too much product or what I was doing wrong.

So I began with a full wash of the vehicle, then towel dried it. I skipped the clay bar step as it had not been a long time between waxes. I applied a little product to my foam applicator, spread it around and rubbed it in, making sure to focus on any visible minor scratches. It worked well in hiding clear coat scratches, which is why I bought it. Obviously it will not hide deeper scratches but then I didn't expect it to either. I then wiped off the excess and buffed dry with a microfiber towel.

However I noticed that both my foam pad and wipe off towel started to gum up with with waxy brown substance. I'm assuming it was the polish. I tried to get a picture of it on my wipe off towel.

Any idea why this might be occurring? What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Re: Applicator gumming up when applying Meguiars Deep Crystal pure polish???

You might be using too much.

There might also be a situation that the liquid in conjunction with agitation from application could be "lifting" old wax from the surface.

One way to mitigate this, is to switch out your applicator for a fresh one as needed. Same goes for the wipe off towel.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');