• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this clear coat failure, coating failure or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this clear coat failure, coating failure or something else?

Last year I did a full paint correction on my neglected Mustang GT. I washed with Megs Gold Class, clay mitt, rewashed, a light rotary 1500 RPM with Ultimate Compound and finished with a DA and Ultimate Polish. I then used an IPA wipe down and applied Mckee's Ceramic coating.

About 3 months ago I noticed this but chalked it up to not washing and a combination of (pollen, dirt, sap etc.) but tried to wash it today and it would not come off. I tried scrubbing it with my microfiber towel, used Goo Gone and my clay mitt but nothing.
    In some areas, it looks a little bubbly when I press on it. This is my daily driver and it is parked in the hot sun, cold weather.

This is a 1-2 year coating but that is optimal conditions. Do you think this is the coating expiring and just run a DA or Rotary on it? I don't want to make it worse if it is the clear.

Re: Is this clear coat failure, coating failure or something else?

Since it's bubbly I think it's probably the coating. You could take it to a good detailing shop to get their opinion.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');