• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate my bird poo etching :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my bird poo etching :(

Hello,

Lucky as I am, I got a "worst case" 4 hours bird poop on the roof of my Audi A5 Sportback '13 on a sunny day.
    I dissolved it and the day after i gave it at shut with A DMC & MF correction compound, that didn't help.
    Tried with M105, that didn't help..

Soo...bought a water sanding kit, 33 mm disc 5000-3000-2500-2000-1500 and a knob for holding it..
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

My toughts now is, how to determine if it actual went through the clear coat already? Can i do a thinner test on a cotton pad to see if cotton gets colored?

I once buffed the roof as I had bird etching before(which cleared out fine) and I had the car from new.

Any thoughts?

Re: Rate my bird poo etching

Strange bird you have there in Denmark. If you get bird poo from a Swedish bird it can sit atleast for a month summertime without no trouble

A trick i've learned (with scratches etc) is if you poor water on it, does it change or stay the same. If it changes you can buff it away.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');