• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wax, for look only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wax, for look only

hi, everybody, I have a solid black car and I dont' care for the wax live, but I would the blackest, glossiest, brightiest paint possible. My options are: Up, followed by dark wax, or Color X followed by GC Carnauba plus or UP, DW topped by GC, or topped by UW...what's the best combo? thanks! sorry for my English!

Re: wax, for look only

Up, followed by dark wax,
    This would be a polish, followed by a cleaner/wax type of product... so you would pretty much remove the oils from the polish in the process. Bit of a waste of time, and probably not best looks.

Color X followed by GC Carnauba plus
    A cleaner/wax followed by a wax is a popular easy detail... but wont have as much polishing oils for the shine as a polishing product would.

UP, DW topped by GC, or topped by UW...what's the best combo?
    The UP being a polishing product is going to have a lot of oils to help the paint look great, and then GC or UW are going to help lock it in and give a good shine. I like how the Ult. Wax looks the most... but some people will say the Gold Class looks a bit richer on dark colors.

I think the wax choice would be if you want a bit richer, or a bit shinier....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you very very much for the answer. I'll try the UP/UW wax combo. Afterwards, can I top UW, with GC? Instead, should the DW, be used alone?

Comment

Originally posted by paoloporsche View Post
        Afterwards, can I top UW, with GC? Instead, should the DW, be used alone?
        You could top the UW with GC is you wanted to.

The DW could be used alone, or topped with a regular wax product. Basically any cleaner/wax type product would want to go on first, then a regular wax if wanted second.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');