• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Swirl/Scratch Remover, Good Drying Towel/Chamois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Swirl/Scratch Remover, Good Drying Towel/Chamois

Hello,

Looking to expand my Meguiar's product shelf and of course better maintain my car ...

I need some help with two of the following:

1. A good professional line scratch and swirl remover.
    I've tried really really hard with Scratch X and there are some swirls that just won't go. Not to mention when I am done the whole car, my arms are ready to be replaced.

- I don't quite have the funds for a PC or DA right now (unless someone can suggest one off of eBay or a website for less than $100), so I will just be using a regular Simoniz Buffer to do the work...

2. A good drying towel or chamois. I use to own a Simoniz Chamois, till my mother threw it away thinking it was some old crusted and crumpled up cloth... ... A good suggestion would be appreciated.

Lastly if anyone knows a good place in Vancouver (Canada) to buy Meguiar's products... Other than Lordco (who rip you off) and Canadian Tire (who hardly carry any,and which is why I have to opt for so many Simoniz products!)...

Thanks for your help guys!

ZR
    #21 - Synthetic Sealant For Sale!
    Will ship internationally!
    Check the 'For Sale' section.
    Also selling #7 & Backing Plates

Well, working by hand, ScratchX is the stongest you can get.

With a buffer, or DA, etc, #80 will be the mild cleaner, and #83 the more aggressive. Probably would start off with #80, as you would use that more often anyway, so may as well try it first.

As far as drying towels, I love the new Water Magnet Drying Towel. 2 is enough for my car, with some terry cloth towels for the spots I dont want to snag on or get thick grease on a good towel, like in doors, trunk, engine, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

When you say #83 is more aggressive, can it actually do damage to the paint?... In what sense?

Thanks!

ZR
      #21 - Synthetic Sealant For Sale!
      Will ship internationally!
      Check the 'For Sale' section.
      Also selling #7 & Backing Plates

Comment

More aggressive means it can take off slightly more of the top layer of clear coat, which you need to do to remove swirls and fine scratches. You can't really do damage to the paint with an orbital or Meguiar's Dual ACtion buffer, using #83 on a soft-foam pad (regular pad, non-cutting). That's why they're safe to use for non-professionals like myself.

Comment

#83 is a professional product intended only for use with a PC or Rotary. Using it with a orbital buffer could cause more damage than it fixes as well as causing possible holograms. #80 is mild enough for a orbital but still is intended for a PC.
          "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');