• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lancer Evo V (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancer Evo V (56k warning)

Subject is a Lancer Evo V repainted with Metallic Black paint supposedly 6 months ago (originally white). Paint was showing signs of neglect/abuse. Lots of swirls everywhere but no major marring.
    Started this detail last Friday but had to stop because duty called. Resumed and completed today.

Started with a wash, water was clingy and pooled all over the place, instead of beading like it should.

Clayed it to remove surface contaminants.

Here's a shot of the boot lid:

After I hit it with Menzerna IP and a cutting pad on an orbital buffer:

Another before shot, this time of the driver's side door:

Also hit it with IP, then followed with FPII:

Finished it with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax.
    Final shots:

Final process was:

Friday: Wash, Clay, -end-

Today:

Wash
    Poorboys SSR 2.5 with polishing pad on hood and roof
    Everywhere else IP with cutting pad then FPII with polishing pad
    Wash #2
    NXT with polishing pad

AIO then SG on wheels (applied by owner)
    Poorboys Trim Restorer on Trim
    Poorboys SSR 1 on brake calipers (applied by owner) and right headlight
    Claymagic Blue on Friday, Meguiar's 'mild' overspray clay today
    All pads were Meguiar's W-7006 or W-8006
    Meguiar's Ultimate Wipes

Hadn't used NXT in a while until today. It deepened and darkened the black paint nicely and filled in some of the swirls that remained. Always a nice product for overall looks. Also definitely prefer the SSRs to Menzerna twins today as the paint turned out to be quite soft in some areas. #83 would've come in handy, being a bit more aggressive than SSR2.5 for the remaining swirls but easier to use than IP.
    Last edited by Mad iX; Jun 16, 2005, 01:11 AM.

I am glad your car is getting the love it needs. NICE WORK.

I have a client that has a blue one. He let me test drive it and it is FAST!

I noticed you use allot of poorboys. I had an employee once that was a part time poorboys distributor. He went on and on about poorboys when he first joined us. Long story short, he dropped his distrbutorship and now only uses Meguiars.

Meguiars has a product for everything you listed.

This car has 100% Meguiars on it --

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

What a hideous car... I'd absolutely hate it if it was parked iun my driveway, and I had to drive it all day, everyday.

(My secret obsession is to one day own an Evo V)
      Vanity
      Automotive and Marine Detailing
      "Because when you want everyone to look at your car or boat's shine, that's Vanity."

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
        I am glad your car is getting the love it needs. NICE WORK.

I have a client that has a blue one. He let me test drive it and it is FAST!

I noticed you use allot of poorboys. I had an employee once that was a part time poorboys distributor. He went on and on about poorboys when he first joined us. Long story short, he dropped his distrbutorship and now only uses Meguiars.

Meguiars has a product for everything you listed.

This car has 100% Meguiars on it --

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/galler...BZ_144-med.jpg
        Oh, make no mistake. I use Meguiar's all the time. My own car was detailed with #83/#80 and then finished with NXT x 2 and #16.
        I'm not trying to push Poorboys or Menzerna but that's just what I used that day. All 3 brands have good reputations and I wanted to see for myself how they compare. I think they all deserve their reputations, it's just a matter of preference.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');