• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 sealant cure time in PPF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 sealant cure time in PPF

Hello,

Looking to use M21 and let it cure for 24 hours before wiping off. I know that's pretty much standard procedure when used directly on paint but does it change with PPF? Could leaving the sealant to cure for that long on PPF(3M Pro) have any adverse effect?

Thanks!

Re: M21 sealant cure time in PPF

Welcome to MOL. When it comes to M21 there is no need to leave it on the paint for 24 hours. The curing time is when it has been wiped off. Follow the directions on the bottle and you will be fine.

With PPF you don't want to leave residue on the edges. Other than that you won't have an issue with M21 over PPF.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Searched PPF on this website. did not get a result. No idea what you are asking. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by sunday joe View Post
        Searched PPF on this website. did not get a result. No idea what you are asking. Sorry.
        Title may have thrown you off. I had meant to type cure tine in PPF instead of in PPF.

PPF = Paint Protection Film, or clear bra as some people like to call it.

I ended up wiping off the M21 30 hours after applying it with no issues.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');