• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

My first day on the forum, please stick with me.

Background: 93, yellow corvette convertible

Paint: great shape, before I purchased the car two months ago, car was washed, clayed, washed and applied Diamond Gloss by Ziebart

My questions: I want to wash the car now and do my own work. This is what I have in the garage: NXT bottle, #7 and #26. Do I first wash the car then begin with NXT? Can I still use #7, before, during or after NXT? Can I still finish with #26? Also, do I need to clay off the diamond gloss from Ziebart or can I just add onto it?

Also, if you think I should purchase something else I will, just help me decide what to get. Thanks.

Here is a thread that might help you out.

Comment

I posted a method in your other thread. What you have is fine provided you arent trying to remove any defects. Claying is always good because then you know what surface your working with but it isnt required.
      "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Hey,
        If you are willing to put in a bit more time, I would clay, use a mild paint cleaner like deep crystal paint cleaner #1. This will remove the old wax and give you a fresh surface. Then you can apply #7 is you would like. I would recommend trying 81 someday, much easier to remove from a clear coat finish. Then go with two coats of nxt spaced 12 hours. That is a great combo. I don't think #26 adds anything, so I might skip that. However, in the winter, a natural wax is good because it keeps the water sheeting off and not beading.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');