• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish ok before ceramic coating??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Polish ok before ceramic coating??

Hi,
    I'm not sure if the ultimate polish can be used before ceramic coating a vehicle. I'm asking because in the description are polishing oils mentioned...
    I plan to use Gyeon Prep and then Q2 pure. Will the prep be enough to take care of the oils, or should I use a different polish?

Re: Ultimate Polish ok before ceramic coating??

Before putting any ceramic coating on. Take a minute and look at this. Then decide

Comment

Interesting points, thanks for sharing! Decisions, decisions..

Comment

Don't mind that video. Coatings are great as long as one knows what a coating can and can not do.

Ultimate Polish will work fine. I would recommend giving the paint a couple of wipe downs with a prep and many towels to ensure the polishing oils are removed. UP is a bit heavy on the polishing oils.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

By the way check out this how to on pure.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
              Don't mind that video. Coatings are great as long as one knows what a coating can and can not do.

Ultimate Polish will work fine. I would recommend giving the paint a couple of wipe downs with a prep and many towels to ensure the polishing oils are removed. UP is a bit heavy on the polishing oils.
              I think that video says it all It's not like that gentlemen can't afford top quality cermic coatings on all his cars But its trendy now to cermaic coatings so (at least in the car scene in Sweden)

For me, i would never put one on even if i could afford it. I like polish my car now and then, i think i would be very bored not be able to do that

Comment

Originally posted by snozan View Post
                I think that video says it all It's not like that gentlemen can't afford top quality cermic coatings on all his cars But its trendy now to cermaic coatings so (at least in the car scene in Sweden)

For me, i would never put one on even if i could afford it. I like polish my car now and then, i think i would be very bored not be able to do that
                I will not get into the debate of coatings, waxes or sealants. But here is another take. Swissvax is a manufacturer that sells wax. So coatings are hurting the wax market. Some would say wax is dead and sealants could be next because of coatings. We shall see how the market tends to go.

Sure many people like to wax often as they consider it a form of therapy. That is all fine. But not everyone is built that way. The average consumer is always looking for the best protection and when they hear a ceramic coating can give multiple years over a wax then they tend to go for that. Well it also depends on the cost.

Coatings are pretty affordable and can be done at home. It is not rocket science. Many manufactures sell coatings that are easy to work with. Also for some reason someone thinks that there is nothing else to do once the car is coated. That is far from the truth. Coatings require maintenance as well. They are not set it and forget it. They have their pros and cons like any product.

In general a vehicle is going to need some sort of polishing in 1-2 years in most cases.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');