• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TorqX DA Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqX DA Polisher

Hi Guys & Gals, being rather new to Meguiar's products and having a TORQX DA Polisher with Hex Logic pads, (if anyone is familiar with) I am hoping someone can offer suggestions regarding pad usage.

I will be using UP followed by ULW on a new car finish. Already mildly clayed & compounded with another manufacturer's product (though, not completely satisfied). What would be the best Hex Logic pad to apply theses products with? My thoughts are White, Blue or Black.

Thanks in advance

Re: TorqX DA Polisher

Originally posted by Gigi's_Bu View Post
    Hi Guys & Gals, being rather new to Meguiar's products and having a TORQX DA Polisher with Hex Logic pads, (if anyone is familiar with) I am hoping someone can offer suggestions regarding pad usage.

I will be using UP followed by ULW on a new car finish. Already mildly clayed & compounded with another manufacturer's product (though, not completely satisfied). What would be the best Hex Logic pad to apply theses products with? My thoughts are White, Blue or Black.

Thanks in advance
    Bumping for advice

Comment

Those are my most used pads. They're made by Buff and Shine, and I also use the corresponding foams in the regular flat design.

Ultimate Compound - Green
      Ultimate Polish - Blue
      Ultimate Liquid Wax - Red
      Cleaner Wax - Black

If I want more correction from Ultimate Polish in a Single Cycle polishing situation, I'll use Ultimate Polish on a green pad.

If I ever need more cut than the green pad provides I switch to microfiber.

I'm not at all a fan of their yellow, orange, and white foams.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
        Those are my most used pads. They're made by Buff and Shine, and I also use the corresponding foams in the regular flat design.

Ultimate Compound - Green
        Ultimate Polish - Blue
        Ultimate Liquid Wax - Red
        Cleaner Wax - Black

If I want more correction from Ultimate Polish in a Single Cycle polishing situation, I'll use Ultimate Polish on a green pad.

If I ever need more cut than the green pad provides I switch to microfiber.

I'm not at all a fan of their yellow, orange, and white foams.
        Thanks @drumdan

What about speed settings on the TORQX (1 thru 6)? Spread it on low and bump it up after? Do I need to work it in for more than 3-5 (slow or medium) passes?

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks @drumdan

What about speed settings on the TORQX (1 thru 6)? Spread it on low and bump it up after? Do I need to work it in for more than 3-5 (slow or medium) passes?

Thanks again
          Why the blue over the white? Not questioning your choice, just trying to learn.

Comment

Thanks @drumdan

Thanks again
            It depends on what I'm trying to do. To remove swirls I'm at 4.5 - 5 on the Porter Cable 7424. For finishing I'm usually around 3 - 4.5.

Swirl removal - usually 4 passes

Gloss enhancement 1 or 2 passes.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
              It depends on what I'm trying to do. To remove swirls I'm at 4.5 - 5 on the Porter Cable 7424. For finishing I'm usually around 3 - 4.5.

Swirl removal - usually 4 passes

Gloss enhancement 1 or 2 passes.
              Thanks again drumdan I finally finished it off this past weekend...………….https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...-My-Spit-Shine

Comment

Thanks again drumdan I finally finished it off this past weekend...………….https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...-My-Spit-Shine
                Fantastic!

I'll go check it out!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');