• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WeatherTech floor mats or another brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WeatherTech floor mats or another brand?

I had the WeatherTech floor mats in my Accord and really liked them. I totalled that car and now have a 2015 Toyota Camry. The carpet looks like new and I want to keep it that way.

Are there any better floor mats out there? Any recommendations appreciated!

Re: WeatherTech floor mats or another brand?

I like WeatherTech (except for the expense).

Comment

I definitely liked the ones I had. Approximately 200 bucks for floor mats isn't cheap but I'll spend it as an investment in keeping the car in good shape if there's nothing else comparable or better on the market.

Comment

So I started searching and found a brand I'd never heard of, Husky Liner. The reviews I read seemed pretty positive and with some creative shopping I decided to try them for about the 1/2 the price of the WeatherTech ones. I'll report back after I get them and put them in.

Comment

WeatherTech is stupidly overpriced. I use RubberMaid, and they work fine. 10 or 12 bucks at Walmart, and my carpets are like new.

Comment

The price on the WeatherTech was pretty nuts. That's what sent me in search of something else. I did want a fitted mat that covered the dead pedal though and so far, after 3 days, I like the Husky mats. They were less than 1/2 the cost of the WeatherTech mats and fit as good or better than those did in the Accord I had. The trunk liner also fits very well.

Comment

My Weathertechs dont even cover the dead pedal...

That style does work great in winter though, though I pull them out in summer to see more carpet.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I had WeatherTech in the Accord I totalled a couple weeks ago and they covered the dead pedal. Strange the ones for the Subaru don't

Comment

WeatherTech for sure it's a great product and always protect the carpet

Comment

Originally posted by SLM View Post
                    So I started searching and found a brand I'd never heard of, Husky Liner. The reviews I read seemed pretty positive and with some creative shopping I decided to try them for about the 1/2 the price of the WeatherTech ones. I'll report back after I get them and put them in.
                    I have used Weathertech since 2007 and love them. That said I just bought new ones for a 2015 Lexus RX350 and a 2018 Mini Countryman. Noticed they seem slightly thinner than those purchased in 2007 and 2012. So for kicks I just looked up the Husky mats. Guess what? In both cases Husky said they may not fit the vehicle.

Comment

Oh wow! The Husky ones I got for my Camry for perfectly. And I mean perfectly. I had one out because I spilt coffee on it and saw this funky little bend and thought it was folding up on itself. Nope, it's supposed to be like that. There's a little hump on the floor it goes over.

Comment

i love my w/t mats they fit my truck perfectly
                        but after a long winter the mud and dirt stains them so much i cant get them clean not matter how much i scrub them
                        MY ALBUMS http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...useralbums.php

Comment

Spend the extra money on the weathertech if you can afford it (save for them?). It's been my experience the less expensive options either don't last, aren't really equivalent, change color, or don't quite fit right. If you're going this route get the floor liners, not just the matts. The liners give full coverage.

My car came with the all weather matts from the factory, which are essentially rubber. I have them on top of the WT liners in all 3 non driver locations they have a better feel under the shoe/boot and are easier to keep clean.

Comment

I've always used WeatherTechs in a few cars I've owned and they worked decent, but want to try Husky liners next as they offer better coverage of the floor area (especially the foot areas), and are cheaper. I've heard not great things about Husky service though, so hopefully I won't have to use it!

Comment

I've had the Husky liners for just over a year now and have no complaints. So far I'm very happy with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');