HELP! Can I add water to quik detailer when using a clay bar? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! Can I add water to quik detailer when using a clay bar?

Registered Member

Re: HELP! Can I add water to quik detailer when using a clay bar?

Quote Originally Posted by the other pc View Post
    Meguiar's New Zealand's web page (http://www.meguiars.co.nz) shows that both M34 and D15501 are available over there.

There's a dealer locator on their site, too.
    Cheers man, have just been on Smits group and thats brilliant, will be using them a bit from now on I'd say, did know about them but didnt know how big their range was!

How big car have you? :P I used half of the bottle claying my car (Golf Mk4 estate). However i kinda have the same issue as you. Not easy to get hold of the Quik detailer. So i used Mothers instant detailer instead (which you can get hold of more easy here). Sure you can get it at Meguiars Sweden, but shipping costs $15 as lowest, so you kinda pay more for shipping then the product itself.

I really dont see why they charge shipping like that. Most of the Meguiars products you can buy in every hardware store

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by snozan View Post
    How big car have you? :P I used half of the bottle claying my car (Golf Mk4 estate). However i kinda have the same issue as you. Not easy to get hold of the Quik detailer. So i used Mothers instant detailer instead (which you can get hold of more easy here). Sure you can get it at Meguiars Sweden, but shipping costs $15 as lowest, so you kinda pay more for shipping then the product itself.

I really dont see why they charge shipping like that. Most of the Meguiars products you can buy in every hardware store
    My Nissan Silvia is only a small 2 door coupe, my problem is that I got over every square inch haha! I can source the QD here but just like you, its not that straight forward.. I still have a tiny bit of claying to do and am looking for an alternative as we speak, Im seriously considering using a little GC wash in a spray bottle with water, Id love to grab some QD but I only have the roof and rear bar to go.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Paulus.Chapman View Post
    My Nissan Silvia is only a small 2 door coupe, my problem is that I got over every square inch haha! I can source the QD here but just like you, its not that straight forward.. I still have a tiny bit of claying to do and am looking for an alternative as we speak, Im seriously considering using a little GC wash in a spray bottle with water, Id love to grab some QD but I only have the roof and rear bar to go.. :/

If you can, grab some QD. Whats left you can have as a "emergency kitt" for bird poo, fingerprints etc It always amuse me watching a Meguiars video, when they quickly use a new MF towel, or some product since their source of it is endless. Me myself and i, have to spend tons of money for the same products and treat them as gold. Would be really funny for a American to come to Sweden to see the small range and the prices here

And yea, you can use Schampoo and water as clay lube, but it won't be the same as our precious QD

Sounds like using too much probably... But like was mentioned, I just clay while the car is wet to use less...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Murr1525 View Post
    Sounds like using too much probably... But like was mentioned, I just clay while the car is wet to use less...
    Probably similar to me mixing 50/50 for a dry car. I just might try your method next clay event.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information