• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait times between UP & ULW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait times between UP & ULW

Hey guys,

I'll be using UP & ULW in a day or so (using TorqX DA). Is there a wait time between applying UP & ULW? Also, what is the cure time for ULW before applying another coat?

Next question................the paint currently has Chemical Guys glossworks glaze and butter wet wax on it. It hasn't given me the pop i'm looking for so decided to try Meguiars products. Do i need to strip the CGuys products off prior to applying the UP & ULW?

Thanks

Re: Wait times between UP & ULW

I'll be using UP & ULW in a day or so (using TorqX DA). Is there a wait time between applying UP & ULW? Also, what is the cure time for ULW before applying another coat?
    No wait time needed to polish then wax. Between coats of wax, the longer the better. 12-24 hours is best if you can, but at least 30min is nice.

Of course the wax doesnt fall off if you cant wait...

Next question................the paint currently has Chemical Guys glossworks glaze and butter wet wax on it. It hasn't given me the pop i'm looking for so decided to try Meguiars products. Do i need to strip the CGuys products off prior to applying the UP & ULW?
    The UP will remove old wax, so no worry there.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      No wait time needed to polish then wax. Between coats of wax, the longer the better. 12-24 hours is best if you can, but at least 30min is nice.

Of course the wax doesnt fall off if you cant wait...

The UP will remove old wax, so no worry there.
      Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Between coats of wax, the longer the better. 12-24 hours is best if you can, but at least 30min is nice.
        Am in that process now lol. Put one coat of ULW, tomorrow another one, then the day after that a coat of UFF. 3 days...

Comment

Originally posted by snozan View Post
          Am in that process now lol. Put one coat of ULW, tomorrow another one, then the day after that a coat of UFF. 3 days...
          One coat of ULW is all you need. The second coat is to ensure even coverage. I would save time and just use UFF and be done.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            One coat of ULW is all you need. The second coat is to ensure even coverage. I would save time and just use UFF and be done.

Typichal! I just did half the car in very poor lightning, until i found a LED working light and could see were i've been or not. However then i know for next year Think i'll skipp compound step next year aswell, and focus all my time on polish

Comment

Yeah, if you dont have any swirls, defects to remove, no compounding needed.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');