• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking a tire cleaner or dressing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking a tire cleaner or dressing?

There are a confusing number of tire care products around, even in the Meguiars line.

Essentially, I want the tires to look clean and deep black, but I do not like any shine or gloss to it. I used a product 15 years ago that did what I wanted--I won it at a golf outing (as part of a car care package), and it was purple and smelled a little like grape jelly. (Strange, I know!) Thing is, I can't remember if it was a Meguiars product or not. It cleaned the tires nicely and gave them a nice satin finish that looked clean yet didn't stand out as being too shiny.

In the current Meguiars line, is there anything comparable? Should I be looking at the tire dressings, or should I be looking into the cleaners to find what I need? It almost looks like the Endurance Tire Gel might be what I need, yet the site shows it as apparently having a higher gloss.
    -= Rudy =-

2009 CR-V EX-L / 2009 CR-V EX-L #2 / 2004 Civic LX / 1997 CR-V LX / 2002 Accord EX-L V6

Re: Seeking a tire cleaner or dressing?

If you are looking for over the counter products then hot rims all wheel & tire cleaner is what you are looking for to clean tires and prep them for some sort of tire dressing/gel.

It sounds like you were using Endurance at one time based on the grape scent. Endurance can sling so you can lightly buff it with a microfiber towel to remove any excess product that could potentially sling. It will also knock down the shine a bit.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

With Endurance, less is usually better. Wipe it down to spread it and remove excess. It does not take much product.

Comment

Thanks everyone--it seems I must have had the Endurance tire gel in the past, then. I will pick some up this afternoon!
        -= Rudy =-

2009 CR-V EX-L / 2009 CR-V EX-L #2 / 2004 Civic LX / 1997 CR-V LX / 2002 Accord EX-L V6

Comment

OK, it was the Endurance--the smell is exactly as I remember it, and after 500 highway miles and one washing, the tires look clean without being shiny/glossy. Perfect!
          -= Rudy =-

Comment

Good to here.

Comment

Gyeon Q2 Tire is our favorite, offering perfect satin finish that is completely dry to the touch, and it lasts longer than traditional tire dressings. we use them here: www.rsautospa.ca

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');