• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the 12 - 24 hour cure time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the 12 - 24 hour cure time

What variables is in the equation for the "12 to 24 hour" time? is it better to wait fully 24 or is it done after 12?

Many question marks in that line. But i never found a answer to it. Just want to know if if you can spot a difference in waiting 12 hours instead of 24, and what benefit i'll have in waiting 24 hours.

I use to apply ULW in the garage, then wait atleast 12 hours for next coat and then atleast (again) 12 hours for the UFF, However i never waited 24 hours cos that would leaving me stranded for days lol

Re: About the 12 - 24 hour cure time

Maybe off topic. I never use UFF so no comment on this product.

I myself no longer apply 2nd coat when I detail my car. A 2nd coat would only improve coverage but not improve protection nor durability. Since I wax often, coverage is never an issue for me. If I miss one spot this time, I would cover it next time.

Comment

As for cure time, I used to apply a 2nd coat so I did some research on this. The general consensus is at least 12 hours. This is only a general guideline due to the few variables: ambient temperature, humidity, paint, wax, etc. In a hot dry day, the cure time would be less.

There are valid reasons to apply a 2nd coat. With a black car, some people would apply carnuba wax over synthetic to improve deep dark shine.

Comment

Originally posted by mis3 View Post
        some people would apply carnuba wax over synthetic to improve deep dark shine.
        Which Mequiars products are you specifically referring to here ?
        Did Meguiars tech support endorse this combination ?
        2014 Porsche 981 Boxster - Black Basalt Metallic; 21" wheels with oversized Toyo T1R racing tires.

Comment

Originally posted by syswizard View Post
          Which Mequiars products are you specifically referring to here ?
          Did Meguiars tech support endorse this combination ?
          This is what I read in this forum. A few years ago, some members here with dark cars would lay carnuba (like yellow wax) on top of synth is synthetic (like NXT).

There is nothing for Meguiars tech support to endorse. This is largely based on personal preference. Looks are objective. I suggest you start by reading some of the posts here. This is how I learned.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');