• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar product ruined my headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar product ruined my headlights

All this product this was haze my new headlights. It can't removed. I used some alcohol and it removes it, but barely, it would take hours to remove the whole thing from the headlight, it would probably damage the headlights in the process. Now I have to apply more of this product to the area that I removed, so it looks uniform, since I cannot be removed.

Seriously, considering taking legal action. This should NOT be used on new headlights. They should NOT put is for new headlights. It ruins them. Now I have to leave with this ugly headlights for who knows how long, if it will ever come off or not.

Re: Meguiar product ruined my headlights

What exactly did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by snozan View Post
      What exactly did you use?
      Meguiar keep clear headlight coating. I thought this coating was going to be clear, it is not. My headlights were new and crystal clear. I applied 2 coats of this coating, and now they look shiny and hazed. I don't know how long this coating is gonna last and if is gonna go away on its own or what.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogos View Post
        Meguiar keep clear headlight coating. I thought this coating was going to be clear, it is not. My headlights were new and crystal clear. I applied 2 coats of this coating, and now they look shiny and hazed. I don't know how long this coating is gonna last and if is gonna go away on its own or what.
        Tbh, why would you wanna use a headlight restorer on "new and crystal clear". As i understood it, its for damaged headlights? Why would you wanna restore brand new headlights?

If you havn't done anything more then just sprayed them, i would try to clay it. As i also understood it, the spray is some sort of clearcoat and would be absolutly no problem to get off.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');