• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halograms after m105/205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halograms after m105/205

hi,

Question about the m105/205. I have a black 2003 honda accord and I get halograms on after doing m105 and m205. I used orange LC pad for 105 and white LC pad for 205. I tried the m205 on a blue pad and it did help a little bit..Using porter cable 7424, Any ideas?

Re: Halograms after m105/205

What speed are you using?

How many passes?

How are you dressing your pad?

How are your microfiber wipe off towels?

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
      What speed are you using?

How many passes?

How are you dressing your pad?

How are your microfiber wipe off towels?
      Speed #5 on the pc

Did around 4-5 passes

I preload my pad, by rubbing in the polish and then add 4-5 dots of polish on the pad

I think my towels are fine (new), they are the same ones I dry my car with and I didn't get any marks when I did that.

Comment

A key factor is to have a clean pad, always! I used Meguiars pad washer which is absolutley amazing

I see polishing as cleaning my glasses. If i dont clean the surface enough i'll you smear out the smudge and i'll get holograms. I'll need to use more cleaning and a fresh towel to get it off. Same as paint. What you can do is to use isopropyl alcohol. If the holograms goes away then, you found the source to them. There is still product left on the paint even after a wipe down

One last thing. Best about polishing a car. If you aren't happy. Go at it again. Change what you did, try something else BEFORE moving to another panel

Comment

M205 can at times not finish well on softer paints. I know it is counterproductive but some soft paints respond to a firm pad and a polish such as M205. You could try that in one test spot. If all else fails you can try Ultimate Polish or diluting M205 with water. Larry of Ammo NYC has a video on that.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ok so i did the trunk for another test, I did a smaller work area and its fine. I think it had more to do with a dirty pad. Can I do my hood even tho I used m21? Or do I need to strip it?

Comment

Polishing will remove the M21.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by 03coupe View Post
                Ok so i did the trunk for another test, I did a smaller work area and its fine. I think it had more to do with a dirty pad. Can I do my hood even tho I used m21? Or do I need to strip it?
                A dirty pad will really hinder progress.

I had a situation working on a show car that was black with flames. As I went around the car I started noticing a drop off in finish quality.

I switched to a new pad, and the same thing occurred.

It turned out that my pad conditioning brush was re-contaminating my pad.

So I took some time to clean the brush, continued the process, finished with M26 High Tech Yellow Wax, and it won a 1st place trophy at Autorama this year.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');