• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My cars paint has lost the smoothness feeling in such a short time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My cars paint has lost the smoothness feeling in such a short time?

Not sure if i have old product but are Ultimate Liquid Wax and NXT Tech wax 2.0 very watery in consistency? It was a nightmare and a mess to get the product onto the car without wasting tons of product due to being so watery as far as its consistency. I ended up placing the contents into a spray bottle for application. I need to search to see if Meguiars has a new and maybe better wax to use.

Comment

Looks good. Nice and pearly.
      Any close shots of where you lightly sanded and then used the 3 inch DAMF 3 inch cutting pad?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
        Looks good. Nice and pearly.
        Any close shots of where you lightly sanded and then used the 3 inch DAMF 3 inch cutting pad?
        Hi Old Bear

I am not too good with the camera but here are a few closeups

Honestly i must say that the finish looks amazing. Not 1 scratch and its just sparkling!

I am going to apply some M21 Synthetic Sealant to finish off. Any tips to get a more popping finish on white paint? I read somewhere on the forum someone put a coat of M26 yellow wax after applying M21

Comment

A few pics after applying a coat of M21 in the garage

Any tips/tricks to get the white paint glossier?

Comment

re: " was shocked as the surface felt like a piece of 80 grit sandpaper"
            This could be an indication of a very bad paint job...
            of which there is no correction other than a re-paint.
            2014 Porsche 981 Boxster - Black Basalt Metallic; 21" wheels with oversized Toyo T1R racing tires.

Comment

Originally posted by syswizard View Post
              re: " was shocked as the surface felt like a piece of 80 grit sandpaper"
              This could be an indication of a very bad paint job...
              of which there is no correction other than a re-paint.
              I have owned this car since 2007 and has never been repainted. The vehicle has factory paint except for the hood and passenger’s side fender which the original owner had repainted. Car has always been meticulously taken care of. Paint had received a full Meguiars 5 step finish and was waxed with M21 not long ago and the short span of durability of the wax for a garage kept car with no road use is my real surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by se9303 View Post
                I have owned this car since 2007 and has never been repainted. The vehicle has factory paint except for the hood and passenger’s side fender which the original owner had repainted. Car has always been meticulously taken care of. Paint had received a full Meguiars 5 step finish and was waxed with M21 not long ago and the short span of durability of the wax for a garage kept car with no road use is my real surprise.
                The problem was trying to apply M21 to a surface that was already sealed with Ultimate Liquid Wax.

Re polish the area again with something like M205, or Ultimate Polish, and use either the M21 2.0, or Ultimate Liquid Wax by itself.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');