• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Finish...EXPENSIVE.....for a thimble full...what does it do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Finish...EXPENSIVE.....for a thimble full...what does it do?

Finally after looking around for Fast Finish, I found some on sale. Still expensive I thought, but after opening the large box, there is a tiny little spray can in there, that probably would not do a medium sized vehicle. I thought of taking it back, but felt for the price this stuff must be the absolute top of the line, vastly improved, gold speckled wax/sealer, so I tried it on my trunk, following the directions. Trunk looks the same as it did before with just UP on it. No singing Angles, no fireworks, nothing special. Frankly a coat of cooking oil would have been better.
    Over the years I have been used to manufacturers pulling the "New and Improved" line, and then giving you the same product in a smaller package and charging more. I might have put up with Meguiars charging more for a good product, but to sell something useless like Fast Finish for a outrageous price, is going too far.
    The only think I can think this stuff is for, is for some terribly lazy individual, who knows absolutely nothing about detailing, thinks if they pay a big dollar, for basically some slippery water, and spends ten minutes wiping this junk over their vehicle, then they are some fancy processional detailer.
    I am so disappointed in myself for falling for this junk. It is Fast alright, and I am Finished with Meguiar's. (except maybe for UPW)

Re: Fast Finish...EXPENSIVE.....for a thimble full...what does it do?

If you're not able to get multiple applications out of it, you're doing it wrong.

Durability is this products performance feature. You made no mention of it.

Hate to break it to you, but you're not going to find anything that will leave gloss like Ultimate Polish. It just isn't going to happen.. Well Good Class might, but not much else will.

Take it back if you can't find any benefit from it. And next time stay with the stuff in the maroon bottles. They're more economical, and will deliver on the shine.

Comment

If you had lived in Sweden you would have paied $35 for a bottle of fast finish

Comment

Agreed with drumdan. Fast Finish is a nice product for what it is, which is basically polymer protection in an aerosol spray. It won't give any miracle appearance enhancement, but it is a long lasting polymer sealant that is practically idiot proof to apply. For that market, it's a great product.

Comment

Let's look at this again.
          More than half of the box is dedicated to holding the black edge-less microfiber cloth.
          I had no problems using it on my fairly large show truck. I expect about 4 applications.

Did you spray it on the panels?

" Frankly a coat of cooking oil would have been better."

If you have a spare panel in good clean shape around, try this.
          Make three test sections. Cooking oil, your favorite Ultimate Paste Wax, then Ultimate Paste Wax with the thin coat of UFF over UPW.
          Come bag 1 and 2 days later and see which section holds the dust the most.

Don't do that. Spray it on a section of the black microfiber folded cloth and wipe the panel down. Then wipe it down again with a clean part of the towel.
          It leaves a very thin layer of protection.

Here is my experience. When I drive 60 miles to a car show with one of the ultimate liquid waxes, I need to plan on detailing the truck with UWWA at the event.
          Last show, I cleaned the truck with Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere (good stuff). After each panel, I applied UFF to the cloth and did the panel before dust might collect.
          Next morning at 04:30, Blue Thunder woke the neighbors as I headed south down the coast. With the Pacific Ocean to my right, mist turned into a very light sprinkles. With a 65 MPH cruise, the apparent wind, blue the water droplets up the hood and onto the windshield. This continued as a headed inland and the precipitation stopped before I left the highway. As others were detailing their car at the event at 06:30, I cleaned my wheels. I was amazed that I could not see water spots or dust spots on the paint.

The thin layer left by UFF is different than the Ultimate products. Your favorite wax products and many synthetics seem to hold dust, where UFF seems to shed it.

Comment

BlueLine
            Look at this video by Windows & Wheels.

Comment

Nick.... I need a longer edit window.
              Sorry folks. two posts up. the paragraphs got out of sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
                Nick.... I need a longer edit window.
                Sorry folks. two posts up. the paragraphs got out of sequence.
                Thanks for the video. Just for the record, I did spray a small amount on the black cloth, and it did the trunk. Not sure what I was expecting, but there was nothing different. (the cooking oil was a poor attempt at humor) It has not even rained yet so I cannot even see if it beads better than the UPW already on the other panels, and under the Fast Finish. Perhaps it will have the promised durability. Will compare it to the roof and hood over the next weeks/months. Maybe I am just old school, and anything other than a big fat jar of paste wax, just doesn't do anything for me. Can't see how it can be priced the same as a can of UPW either. Anyway, thanks to all for the replies. Rant over.

Comment

I can't say that I was wowed by it, but I am partial to the look I get from UW. I tried it because it was something new. It is super easy to do and I have probably done 3 or 4 cars with the can so far and still have at least half a can left. I have actually seen it on clearance a couple of places for like $6. I actually recommended it to a co worker to get because they just wanted some protection on there car and didn't want to take the time of an actual wax. I said, this would be perfect for you. To them a clean car is a shiny car. Don't know if they have used it or not. I am sticking with UW or maybe will try M21 next time. I don't think I paid the price of UW though or I may have not bought it.
                  2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
                  2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
                  2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by exploreco View Post
                    I can't say that I was wowed by it, but I am partial to the look I get from UW. I tried it because it was something new. It is super easy to do and I have probably done 3 or 4 cars with the can so far and still have at least half a can left. I have actually seen it on clearance a couple of places for like $6. I actually recommended it to a co worker to get because they just wanted some protection on there car and didn't want to take the time of an actual wax. I said, this would be perfect for you. To them a clean car is a shiny car. Don't know if they have used it or not. I am sticking with UW or maybe will try M21 next time. I don't think I paid the price of UW though or I may have not bought it.
                    A bottle of Ultimate fast finish costs: $35

A bottle of Ultimate liquid wax: $49

If i can extend what ULW gives am happy! Since we have winter 6 months with snow (kinda same weather as Canda, atleast same latitude).

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');