• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wax Recommendation - Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax Recommendation - Please help!

Hi all!

I'm hoping that you can all help me with a wax recommendation for a white suv? I was using Meguiars white wax, which seemed to work well, but I was informed that it is being discontinued. How long of protection will I get from that wax?

Anyway, I would appreciate some help/advice on a wax/sealant for my vehicle. What do you all use? What would produce a nice shine on a white vehicle? I have thought about using Optimum Spray Wax, but I'm not sure if that's a good choice or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Wax Recommendation - Please help!

With white, you want to make sure the paints stay clean.

Even the ubiquitous Cleaner Wax (A12) in the maroon bottle would probably be an adequate replacement for White Wax. Every time I use that product it impresses me to no end. While I used to use it effectively by hand, I get great cleaning by machine these days.

The last two "Wash & Wax" jobs I've done, was with A12 Cleaner Wax, where I normally use M66 Quick Detailer, which is a professional formulation. M66 has more cleaning power, but is still easy to use, and also leaves a super glossy, slick finish like A12.

Comment

It kind of comes down to how much effort you want to make.. As mentioned, keeping the surface clean (meaning some sort of paint cleaner) will help most. You could do things like:

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. Cleaner/Wax - M66 is a good option, or D166, esp if working by hand it can be a little stronger cleaner.

Or you can get more involved...

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. Cleaner/Wax - as above
      4. Wax - Ult. Wax, etc

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. Clean - Ult. Polish is a good mild cleaner and polish.
      4. Wax - as above. Although Ult. Fast Finish can make this step go pretty fast.
      5. Wax

And then Ult. Quick Wax is great for after future washes.

But as you can see, it just builds into how much you feel like doing, time you have. The more individual steps you do, the results tend to get better. But if you need tar remover, iron remover, etc.. it adds a bit more.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

We used to have a white Toy van & I agree with Murr:

1. Wash

2. Clay
        3. Clean - Ult. Polish is a good mild cleaner and polish.
        4. Wax - as above. Although Ult. Fast Finish can make this step go pretty fast.

Instead of step 4 I sometimes used a sealant which tended to last longer than a wax, but it was from another company. Claying is real important for cleaning the paint. Once you're done though white is stunning.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');