• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between spray detailers and spray waxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between spray detailers and spray waxes

Hi folks. Car care rookie here. I was wondering what the difference is between spray detailers and spray waxes? There are so many products out there it can be overwhelming at times. I can see quik detail spray, quik wax, ultimate detailer, express wax..... aaargh I am so confused! Thanks......... Cam

Re: Difference between spray detailers and spray waxes

My sentiments exactly. Totally royally confused. So many options. And I’ve read and read trying to get a grasp of things.

Comment

A Quik Detailer is intended to be a cleaner used to remove fingerprints and light dust. A Quik Wax is intended to be used on a clean surface for the purpose of replenishing an existing wax or sealant. A Quik Wax lacks the lubricity to safely remove dust and light soiling without the possibility of causing marring.

If the car is not really dirty, I use a Quik Detailer (D155) to remove light dust and fingerprints then follow with a Quik Wax (D156) to leave the paint slick and glossy.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

Thanks. Sounds like it would be a good regiment between major clean/polish/wax jobs. And maybe a maintenance wash? once I determine exactly what that entails and which products.
        I

Comment

****! Once again my post was cut off short. Getting frustrating.

Comment

If you are on your phone sometimes it doesn't like certain punctuation marks like an apostrophe and commas.

Remember light dust is not dirt lol when in doubt just re-wash it. If particles are to big you are going to end up dragging them across your paint and doing some harm.

IE: if you travel down a dirt road for a while I probably wouldn't use it.
            IE: if the car was just washed and it sat in my driveway overnight with now a light layer of dust I would use it.

I also use quick detailer to remove bird poop, not the best thing. However its better than letting it sit on my paint.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');