• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shampoo with or without wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo with or without wax?

Hi all,

When would I choose a shampoo without wax?
    What are the pros and cons?

I normally use Gold Class Carnauba Paste Wax once or twice a year anyway.

Re: Shampoo with or without wax?

When you combine steps, usually you dont get as good of results compared to individual steps.

So I usually wash with Gold Class soap or similar, and then use the Ult. Quick Wax spray after drying. The spray waxes are going to leave behind a better coat of wax than the soap+wax will.

I just keep a jug of the Ult. Wash and Wax around for if I'm really in a hurry, or might rain on me, already dripping, etc, but thats about it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Guess am a bit overkill then. I use both Ultimate wash and wax and UQW directly after?

Comment

The wax left behind is minimal anyway so I would not overthink it. It's mostly for the freshly waxed look.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by snozan View Post
          Guess am a bit overkill then. I use both Ultimate wash and wax and UQW directly after?
          Well, its not hurting anything... maybe costing you a bit extra...

Comment

Yea well. Meguiars products are very overpricied here if you compare to US anyway

A bottle of UWW: $24

A bottle of UQW: $22

Funny though, Mothers products costs half of it here. Then prices fall (Autoglym, Sonax Angelwax etc etc). Meguiars are the most expensive

Comment

That does seem odd..

Comment

Yea well. Meguiars products are very overpricied here if you compare to US anyway

Funny though, Mothers products costs half of it here. Then prices fall (Autoglym, Sonax Angelwax etc etc). Meguiars are the most expensive
                It`s the same in Denmark. Everything from Meguiars seems really overpriced over here.
                As mentioned in another thread today I needed a new backing plate for my G220v2. This part costs 20.99 dollars on Meguiars Direct and 88 dollars (560kr) in Denmark.
                I have to mention that I talked to Meguiars Denmark today, and they were really nice - they offered this one to me for 39 dollars instead

Comment

Originally posted by Vifa View Post
                  It`s the same in Denmark. Everything from Meguiars seems really overpriced over here.
                  As mentioned in another thread today I needed a new backing plate for my G220v2. This part costs 20.99 dollars on Meguiars Direct and 88 dollars (560kr) in Denmark.
                  I have to mention that I talked to Meguiars Denmark today, and they were really nice - they offered this one to me for 39 dollars instead
                  I bought the MT310, costed me $400 If i added another $50 i would have gotten a Rupes Mark 2 15. (which is also is funny, Meguiars sweden ONLY uses Rupes machines in everything they do.

What you can do Vifa is to check in UK https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ They have better prices on some, not all since you have to pay shipping, but some

Murr1525
                  : This the prices we have to pay for it. No way i would order something from Meguiars sweden webshop since they add $14 for shipping.

Here you can check the prices that we have to pay and why we treat our bottles almost as gold: https://shop.meguiars.se/

Simply take the SEK price and multiply it with 0,12. For example: Ultimate fast finish: 299 SEK x 0,12 = $35,88 (and add shipping cost and it ends up at: $50!!!)

Only reason Meguiars sell in Sweden are because its quite easy to get hold of. If it wasn't, the market for the brand would be very low here. As i said, Mothers are bigger. We also have our own swedish brand "Tershine".

Some things i buy out of Ebay cos they are so expensive

Comment

I agree. Meguiar's is very expensive. I really only buy the Ultimate Paste wax, and for my other needs, other, less expensive brands that do as good a job or better. I was once in the US on a lengthy stop over, and sent a note to Mequiar's Customer Service desk asking where, close the airport I might be able to pick up some Mequiars products NEAR the airport. The reply was simply something like, Walmart, Pepboys, and so on but never mentioned if these stores were even near the airports or not. It was a waste of my time and very poor Customer Service from Mequiar's. Anyway, if you are not a rabid fan of Meguiar's, and willing to try other brands, there are plenty of products in Sweden that do a great a job and better in some cases, and reasonably priced. As for the OP, just buy regular car soap and forget the ones that include wax. It all just washes off anyway. Just a gimmick.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');