• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dedicated Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Sealant

I currently use ULW & GCL with no other dedicated sealer. Do you guys use any sealants other than Meg's Waxes? Just thinking of more protection for the winter months with not being able to wax for awhile. I do not have an enclosed garage, just a basic 3 sides covered carport so waxing in a temperature controlled enviornment is out of the question. The winter in NC is not very harsh but temps can be below freezing for a good while.

Re: Dedicated Sealant

Not sure what you are asking but ULW is a sealant.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Not sure what you are asking but ULW is a sealant.
      Other sealants such as, Chem Guys jet seal, or power-lock etc. In addition to Meg's ULW & GCL

Comment

Have you thought about Ult Fast Finish?

For me, holds up pretty well in our area. Gawd, I don't wanna think about winter yet...I'm just now getting thawed out from the mess last year.

Bill

Comment

I will sometimes use other sealants, but I don't *need* to.

Between M21 for winter, and M26 for summer I'm set on my personal cars.

Duragloss 101, 111, and Aquawax are some of my alternate sealants.

Surf City Garage Nano Seal is super nice too.

Comment

All of these sealants break-down under UV exposure, right ?
            What is the expected time-to-reseal for a car exposed daily 24x7 ?
            2014 Porsche 981 Boxster - Black Basalt Metallic; 21" wheels with oversized Toyo T1R racing tires.

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
              Have you thought about Ult Fast Finish?

For me, holds up pretty well in our area. Gawd, I don't wanna think about winter yet...I'm just now getting thawed out from the mess last year.

Bill
              Hi Bill, yes I have and have been researching it a bit.

Thanks,
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
                I will sometimes use other sealants, but I don't *need* to.

Between M21 for winter, and M26 for summer I'm set on my personal cars.

Duragloss 101, 111, and Aquawax are some of my alternate sealants.

Surf City Garage Nano Seal is super nice too.
                Hi drumdan and thanks! M21 sounds interesting also. Since I use ULW, is the best application for the best shine and protection of M21 on top of ULW or under?

Comment

Originally posted by Gigi's_Bu View Post
                  Hi drumdan and thanks! M21 sounds interesting also. Since I use ULW, is the best application for the best shine and protection of M21 on top of ULW or under?
                  M21 and UW are both sealants. So you would not get any benefit using both of them. UW has newer polymers designed to be more durable than M21. M21 is still a good sealant. M21 which is essentially NXT tends to become more of a sheeting sealant compared to UW from personal experience.

Also UW was reformulated about a year ago to be even more durable.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                    M21 and UW are both sealants. So you would not get any benefit using both of them. UW has newer polymers designed to be more durable than M21. M21 is still a good sealant. M21 which is essentially NXT tends to become more of a sheeting sealant compared to UW from personal experience.

Also UW was reformulated about a year ago to be even more durable.
                    Thanks Guz

Comment

Originally posted by Gigi's_Bu View Post
                      For me It's one or the other.

Nothing wrong with ULW, I use that as well. But never together with M21.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
                        For me It's one or the other.

Nothing wrong with ULW, I use that as well. But never together with M21.
                        Gotcha, Thanks sir!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');