M80 Speed Glaze alternative?
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: M80 Speed Glaze alternative?

          
  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    1

    M80 Speed Glaze alternative?

    Hi all,

    I just finished polising one of my cars with the G220v2.
    Began with Speed Glaze M80 followed by Show Car Glaze M7.
    I had light to moderate scratches and a small amount of swirls before I began.

    M80 probably removed 85% of these. I still have a small amount of swirls.
    If I should have obtained a 100% perfect detail what should I have used instead of M80?

    Looking at the catalogue for compounds to be used with the DA polisher doesn't leave many choices, only M02 and M105 acutally.
    But is M02 aggressive enough, and is M105 too aggressive? - which one to choose?
    Other suggestions will also be appreciated

  2. #2
    Product & Training Specialist |MOL Admin Nick Winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,434
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: M80 Speed Glaze alternative?

    Hi Vifa,

    If you only have a small amount of swirls left, I would recommend checking out our M205 Ultra Finishing Polish. This is going to be more aggressive than our #M80 Speed Glaze, but utilizes a newer style abrasive technology. It is currently one of our most premium finishing polishes we offer.

    A good next step up would be our Ultimate Compound in our consumer line, and then if needed, M105 Ultra Cut Compound.
    Nick Winn
    Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, CA
    nawinn@meguiars.com
    800-854-8073 ext 3845

  3. #3
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: M80 Speed Glaze alternative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Hi Vifa,

    If you only have a small amount of swirls left, I would recommend checking out our M205 Ultra Finishing Polish. This is going to be more aggressive than our #M80 Speed Glaze, but utilizes a newer style abrasive technology. It is currently one of our most premium finishing polishes we offer.

    A good next step up would be our Ultimate Compound in our consumer line, and then if needed, M105 Ultra Cut Compound.
    Hi Nick,

    Thanks for your reply.
    I know from reading on this forum there are two types of compounds: SMAT and DAT.
    Is this what you mean when you talk about `a newer style abrasive technology`? .. and how do I tell which product uses either SMAT or DAT.

    Where on the cutting range would Ultimate Compound be placed, and is there no equivalent in the profeesional line?

    Vifa

  4. #4
    Registered Member drumdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Michigan
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: M80 Speed Glaze alternative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vifa View Post
    Hi Nick,

    Thanks for your reply.
    I know from reading on this forum there are two types of compounds: SMAT and DAT.
    Is this what you mean when you talk about `a newer style abrasive technology`? .. and how do I tell which product uses either SMAT or DAT.

    Where on the cutting range would Ultimate Compound be placed, and is there no equivalent in the profeesional line?

    Vifa
    Ultimate Compound is just under M105, I'd say around 10 to M105's 12.

  5. #5
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: M80 Speed Glaze alternative?

    Hi Drumdan,

    Thank you for your reply.
    That is good to know. One of the reasons I have never used polish or compounds from the consumer line is because it is hard to tell how aggresive they are. That have always been a very nice feature of the professional line.

    Nevertheless, if both Ultimate Compound and M105 should be the next step to M205, it seems to be quite an aggresive next step by going from 4 on the cutting range to 10-12 - or am I wrong?

  6. #6
    Registered Member drumdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Michigan
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: M80 Speed Glaze alternative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vifa View Post
    Hi Drumdan,

    Thank you for your reply.
    That is good to know. One of the reasons I have never used polish or compounds from the consumer line is because it is hard to tell how aggresive they are. That have always been a very nice feature of the professional line.

    Nevertheless, if both Ultimate Compound and M105 should be the next step to M205, it seems to be quite an aggresive next step by going from 4 on the cutting range to 10-12 - or am I wrong?
    First try M205 / Ultimate Polish.

    If those products are not aggressive enough to remove the paint defects, move to the more aggressive compounds, and then finish with M205 for maximum gloss. From there follow with sealant or wax.

  7. #7
    Registered Member Old Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano CA
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: M80 Speed Glaze alternative?

    Here is a link that speaks about different products and their "relative" cut levels.
    Pay attention to the first few posts that speak about the products being designed for different application types.
    https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...t-surprise-you!

  8. #8
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: M80 Speed Glaze alternative?

    Great thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Speed Glaze
    By mis3 in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr 3rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
  2. Speed Glaze ?
    By druhe in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
  3. pure glaze after #80 speed glaze question
    By tinhead in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Feb 9th, 2006, 04:04 AM
  4. Machine Glaze, Speed Glaze and 83
    By Tanat198 in forum Professional Line - Mirror Glaze & Detailer Line Product Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 24th, 2005, 06:35 PM
  5. Machine Glaze, Speed Glaze and 83
    By Tanat198 in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 24th, 2005, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •