• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Honda Civic Center Console Micro Scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Honda Civic Center Console Micro Scratches

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on how to handle micro scratches on the soft clear plastic on the center console of a 2018 Honda Civic. As described here: https://www.civicx.com/threads/shiny...solution.7609/, when this issue is addressed with PlastX, the situation gets much, much worse. I don’t want to suffer this fate, so I am looking for guidance either straight from the manufacturer or other qualified detailers. I also sent Meguiar’s a message via email/Facebook and was told no such Meguiar’s product exists that can help me and there is nothing that can be done because the part was “hydro dripped.” That struck me as a strange response, so I am basically posting here to double check. To recap, I am looking for something to address this situation without creating more scratches, making the plastic cloudy, or dulling the plastic (all of which PlastX apparently did for the individual who started that thread). Thank you for any assistance!

Chris
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');