Spending $200 a month at the car wash HELPPPP!!!

Thread: Spending $200 a month at the car wash HELPPPP!!!

Registered Member

Spending $200 a month at the car wash HELPPPP!!!

Like the post said I’m spending way too much money at the car wash between me and the wife! Since I work next to a “touch less” car wash it’s quick and easy to just drop it off and get it later. Since me and my wife both own 2 cars each (3 are black) if I only get each car done once or twice it adds up. To make matter worse my CLS-550 is too low to go through their rail system so they have to do an all hand wash which is extra. I got one of those Chemical guys kits from my bro for xmas that came with soap, wax, sealer, and some nice soft clothes. I do try and wash at least my cars at home on the weekends, but it's tough since I have a 3 and 1 year old.

Well I was trying to find something other than Barny on You-Tube and noticed a video on how to wash your car without touching it!! Wow I had no clue such devices like foam cannons existed. Granted I’ll have to Pony up some $$ to get a fancy pressure washer and a foam cannon. If I could cut the wash time down to half I wouldn’t mind doing 2 cars at a time at home. I know I’ll eventually have to put down some wax and seal, but if that’s all I have to once ever few washes I can get the Car Wash chain forever!!

Re: Spending $200 a month at the car wash HELPPPP!!!

Check out Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax.

If the car isn't trashed you can save a ton of time and energy, as well as having an incredible looking finish.

I like to get a good base coat of sealant or wax on the paint. I use the usual routine of wash, clay, machine polish, machine seal, and maintain.

I use a concentrated professional type of product, similar to Meguiar's D115. I use it in a bucket for a more soiled vehicle, and in a trigger bottle for lighter soiling. Same dilution for both.

Registered Member

Re: Spending $200 a month at the car wash HELPPPP!!!

Yeah I think I need a full "reset" for 3 of the 4 cars, but I'm going to try and do a waterless this weekend on the mercedes I keep in the garage and only drive once or twice a week.

Thread Information