• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many polishers do you need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many polishers do you need?

New to detailing and I haven't picked up a polisher yet, but I plan on getting one soon. I've been reading, learning, and watching videos to get a better understanding on how to do a "FULL DETAIL" which includes ceramic coating. Last night I watched a video where they take a 15 year old black car with bad paint and spend 36 hours on it. During the video when they start polishing (6:20) I noticed they started with what seems to be a very large machine, then they show a medium sized one, and lastly a very small one for the license plate area??. I'm not sure if it's 3 machines (rotary) or 2 with different pads, but how many machines do you need for a car to do a full detail?

Do you really need multiple machines to do a car right or can it be done with 1 unit and if so is that unit a special multipurpose unit? In the video they say they will list all materials and devices used, but they only list 1 polisher when they clearly used more than 1 so it's a bit confusing.

Here is a link to the video which is otherwise very helpful!

Re: How many polishers do you need?

I can do everything "I" need with a Porter Cable 7424.

Comment

Re: How many polishers do you need?

Like Dan said...just one. But diffidently multi pads.

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');