• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloudy spots after car cover use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy spots after car cover use

Pretty sure this was after use of a car cover, heavy rain, and heat/humidity. I have what looks like chalky cloudy liquid like stains on my paint. It is smooth and as shiny as the rest of the paint. They seem to be under the clear coat. I've tried a mild cutting polish and heat gun to no avail. Do I need a heavy cutting polish? At a loss here. The rest of the car is gorgeous so this really bothers me.

Re: Cloudy spots after car cover use

Might just need more time in the sun hopefully..
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I hope so. I noticed today the one spot where I used the heat gun is less cloudy than the other spots. Hopefully it just needs more heat application.

Comment

I had a customer storing a car outdoors once with a cover on it and it did this. He brought it to me freaking out when he removed cover. I didn't have time to immediately deal with it, so I (unintentionally) left it in direct sunlight all day. You could see the circles getting smaller as the day went on until they eventually went away. We were both excited about what I was able to accomplish lol

Comment

Originally posted by !0105094 View Post
          I hope so. I noticed today the one spot where I used the heat gun is less cloudy than the other spots. Hopefully it just needs more heat application.
          Did heating it up or leaving it in the sun work out OK for you or did you have to repaint? I have exactly the same problem here after having my car covered up with a reflective car cover for a few months outdoors. So far, the sun isn't doing any good. I wonder what is going on chemically to cause this weird effect?

Tom S.

Comment

I might not be using a car cover now after reading this

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');