• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch / D155 or Ultimate Quick Detailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Touch / D155 or Ultimate Quick Detailer?

Again I'm late to the party but I just found out about D155 / Last Touch. I've used UQD a few times on my last car but admit I'm paranoid about touching my newer car if there's more than a day or twos worth of dust on it. It sits outside 24/7 so it doesn't take long to show dust, especially considering it's dark red. I know that UQD is probably the "better" product but Last Touch is much more cost effective. If I use it every day or so to keep the dust and water spots off would I be giving up much by going to Last Touch over UQD? Last Touch does the added benefit of being usable as a clay lubricant.

Re: Last Touch / D155 or Ultimate Quick Detailer?

Why not get yourself a California duster. I have used one for years on my black cars, and they are super for removing dust. No product to keep buying and less time spent keeping your car clean. If used correctly, it will not scratch your car. You just dust with the tips of the duster. Do not rub. If you are paranoid about touching you car (as most of us are) you do far less "touching" with a duster than you would rubbing it with a cloth.

Comment

Here is the thing. Fighting dust is a losing battle especially if the car sits outside 24/7. You will go through too much product and of course if you are worried about cost it will hit your pocket book. One also risks the chance of marring the paint every time it is touched.

The products you are asking about are made for light dust. Anything more than that you may want to invest in a waterless wash as a waterless wash is meant to do a better job cleaning anything heavier than dust. It has its limits as well.

I am not going to get into the conversation about the California duster but one thing I noticed is the waxy residue it leaves behind meaning more work to do to remedy that. Mines was recycled many years ago.

I would wait for the weekly wash or rinseless wash.

My daily driver sits outside and I wash it once a week. As soon as I am done washing it, it is covered in dust. I don't touch it again until the next two bucket wash or rinseless wash.

The car that sits in the garage does not get wipe downs either with the layer of dust it gets. Rinsless for the most part on that one.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        I am not going to get into the conversation about the California duster but one thing I noticed is the waxy residue it leaves behind meaning more work to do to remedy that. Mines was recycled many years ago.

What waxy residue? If I recall the instructions, new dusters should be rolled in a newspaper to get excess wax off, before the first time one uses it. I never have any residue of any kind on either of my black cars. Saved a lot of money and time over the years, and my cars are shinny and dust free.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
          What waxy residue? If I recall the instructions, new dusters should be rolled in a newspaper to get excess wax off, before the first time one uses it. I never have any residue of any kind on either of my black cars. Saved a lot of money and time over the years, and my cars are shinny and dust free.
          I am not going to go off on a tangent but if it is working great for you then by all means keep using it. As Mike Phillips often says, find what you like and use it often. You won't find me using it. I am also not telling the op not to use one. My preference would be to have lubrication on the surface as well as something to encapsulate the dust particle instead of dragging something dry on the surface.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');