• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTC wheel cleaner, bug remover and tire cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTC wheel cleaner, bug remover and tire cleaner?

Good OTC wheel cleaner? I have been using Sonax wheel cleaner but at the price it's to expensive to use every wash. Anyone has a good OTC?

I'm going down to the states and I'll probably pick some OTC stuff at the Walmart there and wheel cleaner I think I'll go the OTC cheaper route.

Also what about fender and tires? I currently using Simple Green. I want something safe and really effective. Simple Green doesn't seem like a good idea atm.

Re: OTC wheel cleaner, bug remover and tire cleaner?

If you are looking for a color changing wheel cleaner then Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner. You can also find some place that sells D143 Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner which is a wheel cleaner and a tire cleaner in one product.

For the fenders you may want to consider Meguiar's D101 or D107 which are all purpose cleaners that are versatile.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      If you are looking for a color changing wheel cleaner then Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner. You can also find some place that sells D143 Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner which is a wheel cleaner and a tire cleaner in one product.

For the fenders you may want to consider Meguiar's D101 or D107 which are all purpose cleaners that are versatile.
      I guess. The way my setup was is using the the sonax then dip my brushes from a water bucket and I just used the same soap that I use for my car (had a seperate bucket just for wheels with car was hsoap). Seemed to work well.

I really want something I can pick up at walmart for the bug remover and tire cleaning.

Comment

Meguiar's has a new bug remover. You may be able to find that. Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner cleans wheels and tires. D143 is considered the bulk version of Hot Rims.

The other thing is you can use a coat of sealant on the wheels to make future cleaning easier with soap and water.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Wet fabric softener sheets are always good for bugs... just have to wash after.

Looking for D143 somewhere really would be the most cost effective product.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The ultimate all wheel cleaner works like the sonax and is much less expensive. Advance auto parts has it on sale for 7.99/24 ounces.

question-anyone used this to decontaminate paint before?

Comment

Originally posted by gregpack View Post
              The ultimate all wheel cleaner works like the sonax and is much less expensive. Advance auto parts has it on sale for 7.99/24 ounces.

I think you would need to use a lot to accomplish that, even if safe.

I'm not sure it would even be good for use on wheels every time... maybe every second or third cleaning to get the cost effectiveness.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ok back from the states! Picked up some Meguiar ultimate all wheel cleaner as it's the onyl wheel cleaner they had, picked 2 bottles.

Also got a gallon of SuperClean for tire cleaner and bug degreaser etc.

Comment

Here's Jimbo from the detailing podcast testing this product against Gyeon's The consensus seems to be Meguiar's is a better value. He also sprays it on the hood to decontaminate the paint.

IN THIS VIDEO WE LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MEGUIARS ALL WHEEL CLEANER VS GYEON IRON TO SEE WHICH ONE WILL PREFORM BETTER. PRODUCTS USED IN THIS VIDE...

Comment

Here's Jimbo from the detailing podcast testing this product against Gyeon's The consensus seems to be Meguiar's is a better value. He also sprays it on the hood to decontaminate the paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl2saVNwRms

Yeah washed my car yesterday loved the cleaner. Feels like the Sonax but cheaper. Definitely will pick up some more when I get some car parts down in the states. Paired it with super clean for the tires really good job it both did.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');