• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing Question

I purchased a 2011 silver Chevy Silverado about a month ago and my wife just purchased a 2014 Silver SUV this past week. This is my first time owning anything but black, but So far I like silver. My trucks paint is in really good shape and is smooth but my wife paint

Re: Detailing Question

I purchased a 2011 silver Chevy Silverado about a month ago and my wife just purchased a 2014 Silver SUV this past week. This is my first time owning anything but black, but So far I like silver. My trucks paint is in really good shape and is smooth but my wife paints is really rough. You can see black dots and feel bumps all over the paint and glass. I purchased a Speed Clay 2.0 to do her car and will probably go ahead and do mine. Both paint jobs are in very good shape with minimal swirl marks and scratches.

1st question: After using a clay product, do I have to use a polish and/or a wax product

2nd: I have Ultimate Polish to use, after I polish do I have to use a

Comment

You don't have to use a wax or cleaner wax after claying. Just be aware that there will be no protection on the paint. Just the bare paint.

Same thing if you just polish and decide not to use any sort of protectant (wax, cleaner wax or sealant).
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

But are spray waxes like Meguiars D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax good enough after claying?

Comment

Spray waxes give short term protection. Its a neat product if you wash frequently. Just follow up with an application of spray wax. If you don't want to hassle with applying spray wax after every wash and don't want to apply a traditional wax/sealant, take a look at Meguiar's ultimate fast finish. It's super easy to use and offers several months of protection according to some.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');