• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QD for dark wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QD for dark wax

hi all, I have a solid black paint car , and I have used, Dark wax:.very eep shine! My questions: which QD over this wax? UQD? GCQD? QD of the red bottle? can the BW be topped with UW or GC or it's better stand alone? I dont care the longevity of the wax, only the look... thanks...sorry for my English!

Re: QD for dark wax

Dark wax is carnauba based, it' s correct? Better qd over It is gold class qd?

Comment

Black/Dark Wax has some carnauba in it, but what makes it give that deep gloss are the polishing oils in it. Whether or not Black Wax is sufficient is up to you. Sometimes topping/Layering waxes can give a noticeable difference vs. stand alone, it can be subjective. A big factor is in how the paint is maintained AFTER WAXING.

Any QD should do, but in my experience, UQD would be the best. Shine is decent, plus the Hydrophobic Polymers in it make it a bit more durable than the other Quick Detailers. Gold Class Quick Detailer can give a deeper shine.

You might also want to get a good spray wax. FOr durability, I'd go for Ultimate Quik Wax, for depth (at the expense of durability), Gold Glass Spray Wax.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');