• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is White Wax Safe For Weekly Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is White Wax Safe For Weekly Use?

Would I rub the lacquer of my paintwork and eventually the microns thick lacquer will slowly start to thin out eventually if I used white wax on a weekly basis? Thanks.

Re: Is White Wax Safe For Weekly Use?

There is no need to use it weekly. It offers good protection. It
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I know it offers good protection but it also has abrasive cleaner agents so the question was is it safe to use often if one chooses to without damaging the clear coat.

Comment

Let's try to use the word "cleaning agents" vs. abrasives. It may thin out the clear coat (not really damage), but it will take time before any visible signs of clear coat thinning will be visible. It's nowhere near as abrasive as Ultimate Compound (or M105), so it will take a real long time before adverse effects will be seen on your car's clear coat. And Meguiar's we're all confident thought of the ingredients in White Wax before being launched, and many threads here by Meguiar's show the versatility of White Wax.

It can be applied in a "regular waxing method" (finishing foam pad applicator, light pressure, lower speed setting for DA Polisher) or in a "paint correction method" (polishing pad, moderate to heavy pressure, more passes, closer to max setting on a DA Polisher).

Other major considerations? Paint softness, car brands tend to have different paint hardness, one manufacturer may use different paint based on where their site is located and of course, environmental laws.

Comment

For a much more 'gentle' AIO, take a look at "Black Wax."

Bill

Comment

Yeah, you can wipe most things around gently once a week... I think the main concern is why would you want/need to?

If it is something where you enjoy waxing weekly, there is probably better options.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');