• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waxed car for first time, then it rained and left small rain dots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxed car for first time, then it rained and left small rain dots

Hi

I had some scratches on my car and used ultimate compound which worked perfectly, very impressive.

I then waxed it with a cheap wax and it was looking great. However there was then a light rain shower, and because the rain drops sat on top of the wax (beading), they dried and left small marks...

Should I pay attention to these rain marks on the wax? Is there any wax product that will not do this?

Re: Waxed car for first time, then it rained and left small rain dots

It is not an issue just with cheap wax, it occurs with expensive wax also. If there is the slightest layer dust on the car, or the rain itself is carrying atmosphere pollutants, it will be in the beaded water. Once the water dries, it leaves a deposit. Shouldn't hurt the car, and should wash off next time. It is a real pain on my black and gray cars, and the only way I have found to stop it, is to dry the car off before it dries on its own.

Comment

Re: Waxed car for first time, then it rained and left small rain dots

I've had great luck with M21 resisting water spotting.

I like tight round beads, but if the wax or sealant tends to hold the beads on the surface, it gives me problems with water beads. M21 beads, but for whatever reason seems easier for me wash them off...

I did a job for a friend of mine, and he had really bad water spots. We called his cousin who paints cars, and he recommended washing the paint with hot water, and it worked like a charm. We used Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');