• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

303 killed my leather smell, how to get back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 303 killed my leather smell, how to get back

On a recommendation I used 303 on my 2013 Z06 that up to that point had a really nice leather smell (it was built with an option to upgrade dash/set/door leather.)

The 303 totally killed off the smell. Is there a way to get it back? I was advised to strip it off, as it obviously sealed the leather totally.

I don't really want to get into throwing a lot of chemicals on the leather. Any suggestions, don't want a fake leather scent, just back to what was.

Thanks.

Re: 303 killed my leather smell, how to get back

Any help guys, this one should be easy. Thanks.

Comment

303 protectant is water based so it can easily be removed. You may have lost that leather scent. Only way to tell is to either let it degrade over time or remove it. You could use a leather cleaner or even a soapy water solution.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        303 protectant is water based so it can easily be removed. You may have lost that leather scent. Only way to tell is to either let it degrade over time or remove it. You could use a leather cleaner or even a soapy water solution.
        Thanks, I see quite a few cleaner/conditioner products that claim a leather smell, do you know of any you like?

Comment

I don't really use them as I clean and just use a leather sealant. I maintain with Quik Interior Detailer until I need to reapply the sealant.

The Gold Class Leather Sealer kit is what I tend use. I have not used it in awhile so I can not comment on the scent.

You always have other options if you are looking for a all in one leather products. Perhaps someone else can chime in as well.

99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');