• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay bar

Quick question for you guys. I'm relatively new to detailing (2years now) but feel I do have a pretty good grasp on things. My question is about what I call "spot claying". When doing my weekly washes, if I come across a small spot, usually on the lower portion of the car, I'll pull out a clay bar for the specific spots. Is that alright? I hear from some to just wait and clay the whole car since clay is technically an abrasive but I would rather not risk it etching into the clear.

Re: Clay bar

Originally posted by Jmyatt View Post
    Quick question for you guys. I'm relatively new to detailing (2years now) but feel I do have a pretty good grasp on things. My question is about what I call "spot claying". When doing my weekly washes, if I come across a small spot, usually on the lower portion of the car, I'll pull out a clay bar for the specific spots. Is that alright? I hear from some to just wait and clay the whole car since clay is technically an abrasive but I would rather not risk it etching into the clear.
    No issues either way.

Just remember to wax or seal the area you have clayed.

Rappy.

Comment

Agree with "Rappy".

In addition, have you given any 'detailer' a try? Sometimes that will remove 'stuff'-hence no need to worry about replacing your LSP in that area.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
        Agree with "Rappy".

In addition, have you given any 'detailer' a try? Sometimes that will remove 'stuff'-hence no need to worry about replacing your LSP in that area.

Bill
        I haven't tried any detailer spray. When I do my weekly wash, it's usually the waterless wash and wax since I live in apartments at the moment .

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');