Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax - Page 27
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17192021222324252627

Thread: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax

Registered Member

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax

Quote Originally Posted by dtrip View Post
    Just used it for the first time, it is amazing and I am neither experienced not very touchy about those things.
    All I can say is that my 1.5 year old car looks better than when I got it out of the dealership 1.5 years ago.

I applied the wax scarcely, then used a cheap towel (that soon got quite damp) to dry it off, then a good Meguiars yellow towel to buff it away.
    I also cross looked against the light to see for any "milky" areas. There were some, but with a little buffing everything got crystal clear.
    Oh and it also makes the windows crystal, too !

A trick that helps is that the drying/spreading towel (the 1st touch) better be small. It gets damp and carries wax with it very soon, so this helps to
    distribute quite evenly. The buffing towel should be large and kept dry. I am not experienced so use these at own risk. It's just my understanding of things.

Amazing product, really thanks.
    It is one of my favorite Meguiars product. I have always been a fan of this brand for years now.

Registered Member

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I have found with many of these water activated SiO2 products you can spray it onto your wet wash mit and apply more evenly, then rinse. I normally do one panel at a time to minimize streaking.

Meguires Hybrid Ceramic Wax is supposed to be able to be applied over wax. If you try this with other brands they will streak and not bond well.

Is there really wax in this product or is that word just used for marketing? Like NXT Wax.
    Any coating layered over another will generally degrade the earlier coating although Hybrid ceramics is made to bond with earlier coatings of HCW or HCLW. But if applied over wax it will degrade it. You will certainly lose the main properties of the wax coating. But I like your tip of using the HCW with a mitt. will definitely try this. I think a big mistake people make, not aimed at you m8 is mix products from different lines and companies. Usually the chemists look to achieve synergy between similar products as an excellent example HCW can be used directly onto HLCW without going through the initial application process... that is to say go directly to spray on rinse off... synergy in action. I did a strip wash with Garage Therapy Decon, which is a bench mark, and then went into the Megs ceramics on a clean slate and have fantastic results, and I've layered as above.

Registered Member

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Hi Nick. You mention not using DI water which I don't have access to anyway in quantities to rinse under pressure, was there any water spotting?

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17192021222324252627

Thread Information