• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Great! Thanks Brian. Is there a curing time after the initial application that I should wait before applying a follow-on application?

Vettefan

Comment

There is no curing time. You can employ the second application method immediately after completing the first.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
        There is no curing time. You can employ the second application method immediately after completing the first.
        Again, thank you Brian. You have been most helpful. Can't wait to try it once the weather here warms up.

Vettefan

Comment

Originally posted by Vettefan View Post
          Understand... Thanks Brian. Unfortunately, in my case the town where we live frowns upon washing cars in your own driveway. It's an environmental thing here.
          Where is that?? I know there are condo communities where you can't wash your car, but I'm unaware of any towns in NJ where you can't wash your car unless we're under water restrictions which AFAIK we haven't been anywhere in NJ for the last several years.

Comment

Anyone use this after an ultimate liquid wax?

My traditional method was ULP then ULW then maint. with UQW while drying. I guess that the UCW may be my new go to.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by chiptouz View Post
              Anyone use this after an ultimate liquid wax?

My traditional method was ULP then ULW then maint. with UQW while drying. I guess that the UCW may be my new go to.

Thanks!
              Yes I just did ULW last week then after washing this week did the Hybrid Ceramic Wax via the drying aid method (spray on wet car and dry). Seems to have worked great. 👍🏼

Comment

Brian or Nick,

Is there a cure time between applying HCW (via the drying aid method) and then applying a layer of UFF? How long should I wait?

Comment

Will applying a synthetic wax like Ul Liquid Wax OR a professional cleaner wax like M06 Cleaner/Wax on top of HCW have any (positive or negative) affect on HCW?

Vettefan

Comment

Will applying a synthetic wax like Ul Liquid Wax OR a professional cleaner wax like M06 Cleaner/Wax on top of HCW have any (positive or negative) affect on HCW?

Vettefan

It is reasonable to figure that a cleaner wax - or anything with an abrasive could adversely affect the HCW by abrading some, if not all of it away. Applying a non abrasive sealant would mute the properties of the HCW and you would get the effects of the sealant topper instead of the hydrophobic properties of HCW.
                    Don
                    12/27/2015
                    "Darth Camaro"
                    2013 Camaro ... triple black
                    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

No, there is no cure time need for Hybrid Ceramic Wax. If you are planning on using it with any other wax or sealant you really should apply the other product first and then apply the Hybrid Ceramic Wax.
                      Brian Hann
                      Meguiar's Inc.
                      Irvine, California
                      bhann@meguiars.com
                      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Vettefan

Don hit the nail on the head with his response!
                        Brian Hann
                        Meguiar's Inc.
                        Irvine, California
                        bhann@meguiars.com
                        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
                          No, there is no cure time need for Hybrid Ceramic Wax. If you are planning on using it with any other wax or sealant you really should apply the other product first and then apply the Hybrid Ceramic Wax.
                          Thank you Brian and Don. Sounds like get the car looking as nice as can be, then apply HCW to lock it in.

Vettefan

Comment

Just used HCW on my F150 after a wash w the gold wash. First application I did as suggested with an ample spray and wipe on. I rinsed, dried and then applied a 2nd time with the light spray and rinse off method. The first step did not bead much (as someone had indicated in the thread). The 2nd application beaded immediately as I rinsed.

Next I’m going to use it on a “new to me” 91 Corvette that’s in great shape. I plan to wash with the Gold, clay, polish (orbital buffer) with Meguiars Polish and then I question if I should directly go to the HCW or if I should use something to remove the oils from the polish first. Any advise on that would be appreciated. I know in the application of Ceramic coatings they recommend an alcohol wipe. What’s my best approach for max shine and adherence? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomasfxlt View Post
                              Just used HCW on my F150 after a wash w the gold wash. First application I did as suggested with an ample spray and wipe on. I rinsed, dried and then applied a 2nd time with the light spray and rinse off method. The first step did not bead much (as someone had indicated in the thread). The 2nd application beaded immediately as I rinsed.

Next I’m going to use it on a “new to me” 91 Corvette that’s in great shape. I plan to wash with the Gold, clay, polish (orbital buffer) with Meguiars Polish and then I question if I should directly go to the HCW or if I should use something to remove the oils from the polish first. Any advise on that would be appreciated. I know in the application of Ceramic coatings they recommend an alcohol wipe. What’s my best approach for max shine and adherence? Thanks in advance.

First, just to be clear, this is not a ceramic coating. Secondly, to answer your question, you do not need to strip anything off before using the Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Doing all of your claying, compounding, polishing, and traditional waxing (if you choose) before HCW is important to it's effectiveness but in your scenario there is no reason why you couldn't just apply the HCW after polishing.
                              Brian Hann
                              Meguiar's Inc.
                              Irvine, California
                              bhann@meguiars.com
                              (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Yes, I understand HCW is neither ceramic or wax (based on what I’ve read here). I’ll try applying it after I use the Meguiars Polish. I’m tempted to do a wax layer first for some added luster then finish with the HCW. In theory if you use the HCW frequently enough the wax layer almost becomes permanent.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');