Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - Page 20
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Registered Member

Three Cars and Results Plus a Couple of Questions for the Product Pros!

Just wanted to share my experiences so far. I have applied HCW to three cars.

Car 1: Almost no base wax. I applied HCW early May (Mother's Day--my wife's car). I have not re applied, but it still seems to bead up pretty well. Applying with no base took a long time and I did fight some streaking. I found the easiest way to solve this was with a spray bottle of water and a little mist with a quick wipe to dry. This car was definitely the most work of the three and applying was a lot more work than a conventional carnuba.

Car 2: Car 2 I had clayed, applied paint sealant and carnuba prior to adding HCW. This car went on easily and had little streaking. Any streaking and a wet towel took care of it. This car hasn't been washed or driven since as it's one of my toys and they've been repaving my street for weeks now. Can't even get it out of the garage :-(.

Car 3: Car 3 had a base of Carnuba that was around 6 weeks old. The car took medium effort. I found the beading on this car was "ok". Again, had some streaking and needed spray bottle on initial application. This car is a dark blue. Beading wasn't great, but I washed the car last night and applied a heavy spray of the HCW and sprayed off with a power washed. I was amazed at how the car took on a freshly waxed look with beading and appearance. For the heck of it, I applied another spray coat of product and power washed the hood and trunk where the beading was less before the wash. I am very pleased with the second application.

Now to the Question: Is there any benefit in multiple spray on / power wash rinses after the initial application, or am I wasting product? I will add that applying as described above took a lot of product, but I'm not looking to save $14 product when protecting an expensive car's paint. Also, I found that when the product sat for a minute or two on the car before the rinse, it seemed to thicken. Is it advisable to let it sit a minute or two, or rinse right away? Letting it sit didn't seem to effect difficulty of rinse or removal, but it did make it easier to see the product spread out. Any advice is appreciated.

Registered Member

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Can you use the Hybrid Ceramic Wax on a motorcycle? Is it safe to use on the engine, gearbox and chain for example?

Registered Member

This youtuber:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfVMwLQTA_w&t=385s
    used "Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - THE TRUTH!..Product Is a Joke!" as the youtube title.
    Any response for the youtube content?

Quote Originally Posted by j2ee View Post
    This youtuber:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfVMwLQTA_w&t=385s
    used "Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax - THE TRUTH!..Product Is a Joke!" as the youtube title.
    Any response for the youtube content?
    He is a complete joke himself!

He dosent know what a datasheet is, like if Meguiars relased everything it contains? How many would duplicate it then...

He has absolutely no clue what he's talking about...

Registered Member

Agree with Snozan...Me thinks he just doesn't like ANY product that Meguiar's produces.

Bill

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    Agree with Snozan...Me thinks he just doesn't like ANY product that Meguiar's produces.

Bill

Agree with Snozan also. Plus, look at this one and see how good Hybrid Ceramic Wax fills in defects and deepens the paint. This person did use it full strength without any water on the surface which I have done and it does the best at filling in and deepening this way. It also streaks but, follow with a damp microfiber and the streaks smooth out. Plenty other YouTube videos showing HCW is a great product and value also. https://youtu.be/usA3lvRbFO4

I so badly want to try this! However the price, as i 've said many times...$30 for a bottle, but most that i detail my car during my vacation from work (we get 5 weeks paid vacation here in Sweden summertime. Dont know if US/Canada get the same). Anyway, my car is done now so now i would need it, but its out of stock in hole sweden. Earliest restocking will be August they say, but they aren't sure. That ***** - so for now i can only watch others using it.

Sure i can get it from somewere else (some other country, (even Ebay). But am not really keen in paing twice the price for shipping, making it almost a $100 dollar bottle

But always look on the bright side, now its summer here - soon autumn with a lot of rain, then winter with snow/rain. I

I so badly want to try this! However the price, as i 've said many times...$30 for a bottle, but most that i detail my car during my vacation from work (we get 5 weeks paid vacation here in Sweden summertime. Dont know if US/Canada get the same). Anyway, my car is done now so now i would need it, but its out of stock in hole sweden. Earliest restocking will be August they say, but they aren't sure. That ***** - so for now i can only watch others using it.

Sure i can get it from somewere else (some other country, (even Ebay). But am not really keen in paing twice the price for shipping, making it almost a $100 dollar bottle

But always look on the bright side, now its summer here - soon autumn with a lot of rain, then winter with snow/rain. I willll have plenty of time looking at those waterbeads

Registered Member

In Australia its $55.00au, rip off

Quote Originally Posted by ironbark View Post
    In Australia its $55.00au, rip off
    I see it online for less in AU.
    Examples for today
    SparesBox $33.71
    https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/me...-769ml-g190526

RepCo has 30% off for Auto Club Members this weekend.
    https://www.repco.com.au/en/store-finder/store-locator

Australia is a great country.
    However, in my past I looked at possibly importing and exporting products. The country's imposed costs added up very quickly.

Most imported goods are subject to Australian Customs duties and 10% goods service tax.
    There are many different regulations and sometimes complex duty rates applicable to imported cargo.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread Information