• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Originally posted by BillE View Post
    Agree with Snozan...Me thinks he just doesn't like ANY product that Meguiar's produces.

Bill

Agree with Snozan also. Plus, look at this one and see how good Hybrid Ceramic Wax fills in defects and deepens the paint. This person did use it full strength without any water on the surface which I have done and it does the best at filling in and deepening this way. It also streaks but, follow with a damp microfiber and the streaks smooth out. Plenty other YouTube videos showing HCW is a great product and value also. https://youtu.be/usA3lvRbFO4

Comment

I so badly want to try this! However the price, as i 've said many times...$30 for a bottle, but most that i detail my car during my vacation from work (we get 5 weeks paid vacation here in Sweden summertime. Dont know if US/Canada get the same). Anyway, my car is done now so now i would need it, but its out of stock in hole sweden. Earliest restocking will be August they say, but they aren't sure. That ***** - so for now i can only watch others using it.

Sure i can get it from somewere else (some other country, (even Ebay). But am not really keen in paing twice the price for shipping, making it almost a $100 dollar bottle

But always look on the bright side, now its summer here - soon autumn with a lot of rain, then winter with snow/rain. I

Comment

I so badly want to try this! However the price, as i 've said many times...$30 for a bottle, but most that i detail my car during my vacation from work (we get 5 weeks paid vacation here in Sweden summertime. Dont know if US/Canada get the same). Anyway, my car is done now so now i would need it, but its out of stock in hole sweden. Earliest restocking will be August they say, but they aren't sure. That ***** - so for now i can only watch others using it.

Sure i can get it from somewere else (some other country, (even Ebay). But am not really keen in paing twice the price for shipping, making it almost a $100 dollar bottle

But always look on the bright side, now its summer here - soon autumn with a lot of rain, then winter with snow/rain. I willll have plenty of time looking at those waterbeads

Comment

In Australia its $55.00au, rip off

Comment

Originally posted by ironbark View Post
            I see it online for less in AU.
            Examples for today
            SparesBox $33.71

RepCo has 30% off for Auto Club Members this weekend.

Australia is a great country.
            However, in my past I looked at possibly importing and exporting products. The country's imposed costs added up very quickly.

Most imported goods are subject to Australian Customs duties and 10% goods service tax.
            There are many different regulations and sometimes complex duty rates applicable to imported cargo.

Comment

Originally posted by ironbark View Post
              Every Meguiars product is very expensive in Sweden (if you compare to example, Mothers). But i dont want to use Mothers, because i have no support for their products. I really love this fourum, i can get support from Meguiars and others for the products i bought.

But this is how i done, i buy them from Ebay for example. Even with shipping it costs less then from Sweden. And i really dislike the fact that Meguiars Sweden decide what they should take in. I want to decide myself

Comment

Good morning... I used the Hybrid Ceramic Wax and it came out all spotty looking. Reading through here it was likely a combination of using too much and spraying the entire car then rinsing. What would be a good product to use to remove it and start fresh? I don't mind buying another bottle to redo. Luckily its only $15 where I live! Its been about 36 hours since I did it. Yesterday was heavy rain after work.

Comment

Originally posted by madlife View Post
                  Good morning... I used the Hybrid Ceramic Wax and it came out all spotty looking. Reading through here it was likely a combination of using too much and spraying the entire car then rinsing. What would be a good product to use to remove it and start fresh? I don't mind buying another bottle to redo. Luckily its only $15 where I live! Its been about 36 hours since I did it. Yesterday was heavy rain after work.
                  Yeah, if you used a whole bottle, you used too much.

I put a bit too much on in areas my first time and it dried a bit, but just re-wetting the panel and drying took care of most of it. And looks evened out fine now.

Since it has been a couple days, you might be able to just wash the car and dry and see if it evens things out.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Wasn't a whole bottle, but probably 3/4s, on a Jetta Sportwagen. I'll give it a go today if the weather holds out. Don't think its supposed to though

Comment

I had just gotten back from a 1,500 mile (give or take) road trip for a week up in Canada. Some of the roads we went on were un-paved, under-paved, or under construction (also - thanks Minnesota for the oil/tar covered highway... that was nice). We had gotten back late Saturday night and spent all that time unpacking the truck.

Sunday morning I finished unpacking, and only had 20-30 minutes to wash and wax the truck before we had to run some errands. If you ask me, that's where the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic shines (literally too) - was that I was able to give the truck a decent wash and a quick wax without spending much time on it since I had already washed, clayed, polished and applied the base coat of the Hybrid Ceramic a while ago.

I'm a couple months in on using this stuff - and I still give it an A+ - my only disappointment right now is that I have to store my current bottle upside down. Somehow... crazy as this is, it slid off my seat going through a round-a-bout on my way home from the store, slammed into the door, and the bottom of the bottle is cracked (and leaks).

Troy - TSR6

Comment

I have one word>>>IMPRESSED!

Vehicle: 2018 Subaru Silver Gray

Process: 2 step detail (Ult Polish Ult Liquid Wax), let it 'cook' for a couple of days than applied the base coat of HCW, then a followup spray and power washer rinse. Looks good.

After about a month of relentless mid-west thunderstorms, more than impressed of how the water just rolls off.

Yesterday (7AUG19) washed, rinsed and sprayed the 3rd coat of HCW, rinsed with 'garden nozzle' and dried with MF drying towels. Now the big surprise, the shine became more enhanced! More than what I had with even the original ULW before HCW!

I'm not one that gets that excited, but when something works BEYOND what is expected...well that DOES excite me!

Bill

Comment

So I don’t use water on my black classic. Can you suggest a way to use this product or should I pass? I don’t have a clear-coat.
                          1967 Buick GS 400. Triple Black Conv

Comment

Hi everybody,
                            I'm new on the thread & forum and a lot of think to read. I buy the product and want to know how should be the condition of the paint to do good use of the product. I need to clean deep the paint like clay or polish and begin to use the product to work last longer between use of MHCW?

Comment

Originally posted by JoelD View Post
                              Hi everybody,
                              I'm new on the thread & forum and a lot of think to read. I buy the product and want to know how should be the condition of the paint to do good use of the product. I need to clean deep the paint like clay or polish and begin to use the product to work last longer between use of MHCW?
                              Any protection product will last and perform at its max when the surface is properly prepped. You will have to determine if you need to clay. But with claying you will create marring which will need some sort of polishing step.
                              99 Grand Prix
                              02 Camaro SS

Comment

MEGUIARS HYBRID CERAMIC WAX REVIEW & DURABILITY TEST! **Here is an updated version of my new favorite ceramic spray https://youtu.be/OmE-1XArSwA?si=wpuTIApFv...

This person shows that the "second step" doesn't work at all. Then basically this product...doesn't work as it claims.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');